Pharmacy Technician/Delivery Coordinator
Guardian Pharmacy of Birmingham is part of the Guardian Pharmacy services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Job Objective: Responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of all pharmacy prescription deliveries. This includes toting, packaging, and labeling deliveries with the appropriate paperwork/electronic tracking in place.
Detail Oriented | Hardworking | Sense of Urgency
Strong Interpersonal Skills | Team Player
Accurate | Organized | Multi-tasker
Strong Communication Skills | Punctual
Positive Attitude | Energetic | Self-Motivated
Solution Focused | Good Work Ethic | Accountable
- Ensure the accuracy of all deliveries as they leave the pharmacy
- Assist in and ensure the accurate toting of daily prescriptions deliveries
- Work with the fulfillment team to accurately tote cycle meds each day
- Accurately tote and prepare FedEx and UPS shipments as needed
- Adhere to the delivery routes schedule so that each driver’s totes are ready for their route leave time
- With the guidance of the supervising pharmacists, maintain the delivery software
- Assist the pharmacy Operational Controller in the management of the pharmacy delivery expenditures
- Using our pharmacy software delivery dashboard, monitor progress of prescriptions through the workflow steps by route and alert the appropriate department of any that are lagging behind
- Assist as needed in getting needed prescriptions to the delivery area for the route leave time
- Serve as the point of contact for all drivers
- Work with other pharmacy employees to troubleshoot and solve customer issues
- Serve as the liaison between the pharmacy and courier providers
- Make schedule changes when drivers are unable to drive assigned routes
- Keep delivery room neat and organized
- Make Stat Run Deliveries from time to time as needed
- Fill in for pharmacy staff drivers during absences due to sickness or vacation time
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid Alabama driver’s license and in good standing
Registered Pharmacy Technician in Alabama, national certification preferred
2+ years of pharmacy experience, preferably in high volume environment such as long-term care pharmacy operations, retail, mail order, and/or hospital.
Good computer skills, including pharmacy operations system (Framework/Docutrack experience preferred)
Experience with coordinating/scheduling/routing drivers preferred
Ability to problem solve, make decisions in fast-paced environment, and work to deadlines
Work quickly and efficiently to achieve all the daily tasks while supporting the culture, and at sometimes go above and beyond to support the team.
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D required
Flexible schedule required
Schedule: Monday-Friday 11am-7pm or until all drivers are on the road for delivery
Ability to work assigned shift punctual and on-time.
Comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and a company matched 401(k) plan.