Pharmacy Billing & Collections Specialist
Guardian Pharmacy of Minnesota is part of the Guardian Pharmacy network and prides itself on its customer service.
Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Analyze customer accounts; collect past due balances and answer customer billing questions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (include the following):
• Answer incoming calls related to billing issues. Research and resolve customer billing inquiries or forward to Director, Finance and Admin as needed
• Making outgoing calls to insurers, responsible parties and others to follow up on rejected claims and to garner accurate insurance information
• Resolve past-due accounts by contacting delinquent customer via phone, arranging payment plans, coordinating with outside collection agency
• Assist in the production of collection letters
• Assist in the regular invoice billing production process
• Balance monthly customer payments to bank deposit total
• File daily admits and make new folders as needed
• File all duplicate copies of private billing folders
• Copy checks for deposits and maintain all record accurately
• Post customer payments by recording check and credit card transactions
• Work collaboratively with co-workers to ensure all deadlines for the department are met in an efficient manner
• Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
EDUCATION AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS
• High School Diploma or GED
• Minnesota Pharmacy Technician license preferred
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• 1+ years of related experience (advanced degree may substitute for experience)
• Advanced computer skills; Microsoft Office Suite required, pharmacy operations system experience preferred
• Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
• Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
• Great attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
• Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
• Knowledge of 3rd party insurance carriers, Medicare, and Medicaid billing experience preferred
Comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and a company matched 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D