PRN Pharmacist Needed
Southern Pharmacy Services is part of the Guardian Pharmacy network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Under the direction of the Director, Pharmacy Operations, ensure all prescriptions are filled according to regulations accurately and in a timely manner in order to provide the best and most economical way to meet the patient’s needs.
Attention to Detail | Sense of Urgency
Self-motivated | Positive Attitude
Strong Interpersonal Skills | Team Player
Accurate| Multi-tasker | Organized
Reliable | Flexible | Strong Communication Skills
Problem Solver | Quick Learner
- Accurately prepare medications for final dispensing to the patient, including filling, order verification, and packaging
- Review filled blister cards, Opus cassettes, and Bulk items to ensure prescription was filled correctly
- Verify the legality and pharmaceutical feasibility of dispensing a drug based on patients’ allergies, incompatibilities with current medications, frequency of refills, etc.
- Interpret prescription orders, to include exercising professional judgment in determining whether to dispense a particular prescription
- Supervise and or Compound IV’s as needed
- Transfer prescriptions to other pharmacies as needed
- Answer questions from patients, doctors, nurses, etc.
- Notify customer/facility if product is out of stock and when the order can be filled
- Restock station supplies as needed
- Supervise pharmacy technicians as required and to maximize workflow efficiency.
- Work closely with customer/facility if product is out of stock or unavailable and communicate when/if the order can be filled
- Rarely travel to facilities to perform duties
- Work with Billing Department to resolve drug therapy substitution issues
- Manage company-billable expenses, as defined by management, when necessary and report in a timely manner
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
- VA pharmacist license required
- 1+ years pharmacist experience
- Advanced computer skills; pharmacy operations system experience
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
This position will work as needed and will not have any guaranteed hours or schedule.