Responsible for ensuring all prescriptions are filled in correct packaging according to home preference, without error, and in a timely manner.
Attention to Detail | Hardworking
Customer Focused | Positive Attitude
Strong Interpersonal Skills | Team Player
Accurate | Observant | Organized
Reliable | Flexible | Strong Communication Skills
Quick Learner | Multi-task | Self-Motivated
Goal oriented | Professional attitude
- Assist in filling medication orders including control room, bulk packaging, and compounding
- Prioritizes work to ensure prescriptions are filled per delivery schedule
- Pull labels at regular intervals to keep workflow moving
- Sort and scan all orders
- Monitor the delivery dashboard to ensure all prescriptions due on the next run have been scanned and all workflow steps completed.
- Perform checks on each tote to ensure the manifest accurately reflects the contents of the tote.
- Return medications to shelf routinely throughout the day
- Assist in quarterly physical inventory process
- Communicate any issues with the Director, Pharmacy Operations in a timely manner.
- Serve as back-up cycle stager when directed
- Use appropriate labels when needed
- Provide assistance to other technicians when appropriate
- Arrange delivery totes according to appropriate routes
- Sort checked medications into route-specific groups
- Write up delivery manifests for supplemental medications when necessary
- Place delivery manifests, supplemental medications, and drug monographs into correct totes
- Prepare controlled medications for delivery by placing them into bags, as directed
- Maintain clean and orderly scanning area, by keeping supplies, totes, and medications arranged in a logical and practical manner
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
Must be a Registered Pharmacy Technician in the State of Florida or nationally certified
At least 1 year of pharmacy experience, preferably in high volume environment such as long term care pharmacy operations, retail, mail order, and/or hospital.
Good computer skills, including pharmacy operations system (Frameworks/Docutracks experience preferred)
Must work accurately and efficiently fill prescriptions in multiple dispensing modalities and ability to be 100% productive
Ability to problem solve, make decisions in fast-paced environment, and work to deadlines
Understands the gravity and importance of a balance between speed and accuracy
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D required
Flexible schedule required - 30 hour/week position
8 hr. schedule. Various shifts 9-5, 10-6, 11-7, 12-8, 1-9
We are currently open Monday-Saturday
Ability to work assigned shift punctual and on-time.
Ability to stand, walk, and reach for entire shift