Day Shift - Pharmacy Technician
Position located in Springfield, MO
Responsible for keying all orders accurately and in a timely manner without error. Most importantly, provide excellent customer service to all our customers!
Attention to Detail | Problem Solver | Self-Motivated
Customer Focused | Positive Attitude
Strong Interpersonal Skills | Team Player
Accurate | Observant | Organized | Honest
Reliable | Flexible | Strong Communication Skills
Outgoing | Efficient | Great Phone Etiquette
- Perform all functions related to the preparation and dispensing of prescriptions and over the counter medications.
- Access, input, and retrieve information on the pharmacy computer system, and maintain and process medical records.
- Accurately enter prescriptions/orders and process refills in a timely manner to ensure orders are completed on time for delivery.
- Communicate professionally with nursing staff regularly to clarify orders.
- Evaluate/triage incoming faxed orders and prescriptions to ensure timely and accurate entry in pharmacy operations system.
- Courteously answer phone and provide customer service.
- Process prescriptions to appropriate third parties for payment.
- Resolve rejected claims and unbilled claims.
- Work collaboratively with other team members to ensure smooth workflow in order entry department.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Registered Pharmacy Technician with the state of Missouri or national certification required
Pharmacy experience, preferably in as LTC/Long Term Care, Hospital, Closed Door, Hospice, Behavioral Health, Retail, Mail-Order or high-volume pharmacy
Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office and pharmacy operations system (Framework experience preferred)
Must work accurately and efficiently to enter prescriptions in multiple dispensing modalities and ability to be 100% productive
Ability to problem solve, make decisions in fast-paced environment, and work to deadlines
Must be able to go above and beyond for team and customers we service
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D required
8 hr. schedule, Day Shift
Hours are subject to change based on the needs of the pharmacy
Ability to work assigned shift punctual and on-time.
Comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and a company matched 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D