Looking for an experience Pharmacy Technician to come join our growing team in Brunswick, Maine!
Guardian Pharmacy of Maine (formerly Waltz Long Term Care) is part of the Guardian Pharmacy services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Evaluates/triages incoming fax prescriptions to ensure timely and accurate entry into pharmacy operations system. Processes all prescriptions in the pharmacy system. Routes incoming calls to appropriate department/individual.
Detail Oriented | Hardworking | Sense of Urgency
Strong Interpersonal Skills | Team Player
Accurate | Organized | Multi-tasker
Strong Communication Skills | Punctual
Positive Attitude | Energetic | Self-Motivated
Solution Focused | Good Work Ethic | Accountable
- Triage incoming fax prescriptions to ensure timely dispensing
- Ensure proper notes in computer
- Accurately enter prescriptions into operating system to eliminate errors at dispensing
- Courteously respond to calls from customers, routing them as appropriate to ensure top level service
- Work collaboratively with other team members to ensure smooth workflow in data entry department
- Ensure all prescriptions assigned for processing are completed in regular shift
- Receive, evaluate, process, and follow-up as needed with doctors’ offices on all refills assigned
- Notify pharmacist when any medication cannot or will not be delivered as expected
- Assist with filing of completed orders, packaging of medications, profiling of orders for medical records, and filling processed prescriptions to dispense to the patient
- Send and respond to prior authorization requests
- Send and respond to all narcotic orders
- Call third party payers to ensure correct processing
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
Registered Pharmacy Technician in Maine, national certification preferred
1+ years of pharmacy experience, preferably in high volume environment such as long-term care pharmacy operations, retail, mail order, and/or hospital.
Good computer skills, including pharmacy operations system (Framework/Docutrack experience preferred)
Must have customer service attitude and a professional demeanor
Must work accurately and efficiently enter prescriptions in multiple dispensing modalities and ability to be 100% productive
Ability to problem solve, make decisions in fast-paced environment, and work to deadlines
Work quickly and efficiently to achieve all the daily tasks while supporting the culture, and at sometimes go above and beyond to support the team.
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D required
Flexible schedule required
8 hr. shift
Rotating schedule that consists of working 1 week of each shift and every 3rd weekend
Monday-Friday Shifts are: 8-5, 10:30-7, 9:30-6:30
Every 3rd weekend shift: Saturday-Sunday 9-5
Ability to work assigned shift punctual and on-time.
This position will mainly be sitting for the entire 8-hour shift
Must be able to pass a background and drug test.
Comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and a company matched 401(k) plan.