Guardian Pharmacy is a fast-growing company seeking top talent. We are looking for a Senior GL Accountant to join our fast-paced, growing team. We need someone who understands the importance of our challenges, and also has the drive to make an impact as we achieve our goals.
As part of the Controllership team, a Lead Accountant will have a variety of responsibilities. This position will have responsibilities in traditional accounting, technical accounting and external reporting. The Senior Accountant role will directly report to the Manager of Accounting & Financial Reporting. This position is expected to have a strong sense of ownership, ability to identify process improvement opportunities, and have an excellent knowledge of GAAP. This position requires a highly-motivated, enthusiastic individual who can manage multiple priorities, identify process improvements and achieve deadlines concurrently.
The Lead Accountant serves as occasional backup for other positions on the accounting team and helps facilitate the completion of financial objectives. A successful Lead Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate has experience collaborating with and/or managing a team of junior accountants.
• Accustomed to multi-tasking and meeting multiple, tight deadlines
• Extremely organized, detail oriented, and a speedy learner
• Self-motivated and directed; hungry to get started with a high-growth company in a thriving environment
• Proactive and takes initiative; someone who follows-through reliably
• Curious and passionate about the work we are doing
• A team-player; always open to offer innovative and constructive ideas to continue our team's success and efficiency
• Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
• Articulate and has great communication skills
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (include the following):
Supports Guardian Pharmacy’s GAAP and Operational accounting and reporting research activities
Creates, maintains and ensures implementation of appropriate accounting policies and best practices
Supports various company or line of business specific initiatives as it relates to assessing accounting, reporting and disclosure implications.
Own and supervise the accurate and timely accounting of the Southeast Region (approximately 15 locations)
- Perform analytical review on financial statements to detect variances in budget and prior periods vs actual prepare & analyze cash flow statements produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
Optimize and accelerate the month-end close by recognizing process efficiencies
Supervises and guides the work of lower level accountants
Assist in the preparation of Financials, including the completion of the GAAP Checklist
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
EDUCATION AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution in Accounting is required
- MAcc or MBA (preferred, not required)
- CPA preferred
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• 8+ years of accounting experience showing increasing responsibilities
• 5+ years’ experience performing variance analysis
• Large company industry experience is preferred
• Flexible and able to quickly adapt to new systems and the changing needs of a growing business
• Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
• Ability to exercise independent judgment on complex issues
• Great attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
• Proficient in MS Business Solutions, including Excel
• Great Plains experience preferred
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in verbal and written form
• Strong communication skills and a customer service attitude
• Comfortable with executive level communication
• Must be able to frequently communicate with customers and/or with others about customer’s requirements, complaints, and common inquiries.
Comprehensive benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts, Company matched 401(k) Plan, Vacation and Sick time off