Guardian Pharmacy of Tampa is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Job Objective: Serve the needs of our long term care residents by interpreting and processing prescriptions orders and related documents in order to deliver the right medication to the right resident in a timely manner.
Attention to Detail | Hardworking | Sense of Urgency
Customer Focused | Positive Attitude
Strong Interpersonal Skills | Team Player
Accurate | Observant | Organized
Reliable | Flexible | Strong Communication Skills
Quick Learner | Multi-task
Self-Motivated | Goal oriented
- Match prescriptions entered to hardcopies received from facilities
- Monitor and triage the data entry main and refill too soon queues in order to process work in a timely manner
- Accept inbound calls from customer for routine requests for medications and general inquires while providing excellent customer service
- Practice basic triage function in queues to identify orders as new, refills, admissions and prioritizing those orders by run time.
- Process refills requests, new orders and admissions
- Complete batch adjudications and communicate any claims issues with billing
- Allocate ancillary orders to medical records as needed
- Process Refill Too Soon requests in a timely manner
- Review and work the No Refill report as assigned to ensure all refills are obtained before resident depletes existing supply.
- Assist in monitoring and working the Signed POS queue
- Perform job duties proficiently, accurately and timely with minimal errors to reduce/avoid quality assurance errors and other system-related errors which prevent orders from being delivered in an accurate and timely manner.
- Process refusals from the resident communities
- Assist with quarterly physical inventory as needed
- Perform other related job duties as assigned according to business needs
- Must be a Registered Pharmacy Technician in the State of Florida
- 2 + years of pharmacy experience, preferably in high volume environment such as long term care, retail, or hospital.
- Previous data/order entry experience in a high-volume, fast-paced pharmacy setting
- Good computer skills, including pharmacy operations system (Framework/Docutrack preferred)
- Must work accurately and efficiently to enter pharmacy prescriptions into operating system
- Ability to problem solve, make decisions in fast-paced environment, self-manager, and work to deadlines
- Desire to learn and develop as a pharmacy technician, be able to multi-task, and prioritize responsibilities.
- Understands the gravity and importance of a balance between speed and accuracy
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D required
Flexible schedule required
Schedule Monday-Friday: 2:30pm-11:00pm
Includes some weekends and holidays
Ability to work assigned shift punctual and on-time.
Ability to stand, walk, and reach for entire shift
Comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and a company matched 401(k) plan.