Guardian Pharmacy of Atlanta is part of the Guardian Pharmacy network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Evaluates/triages incoming fax prescriptions to ensure timely and accurate entry into pharmacy operations system. Routes incoming calls to appropriate department/individual. Receives, processes and follows-up on refill requests.
Attention to Detail | Analytical | Multi-Task
Customer Focused | Positive Attitude
Strong Interpersonal Skills | Team Player
Accurate | Observant | Organized
Reliable | Flexible | Strong Communication Skills
- Triage incoming fax prescriptions to ensure timely dispensing
- Determine whether resident is a cycle, non-cycle, multi-dose, or blister card patient and correctly process prescription accordingly
- Accurately enter prescriptions and process refills in a timely manner to ensure orders are completed for on-time delivery including flash, snap, resync, and export batches
- Courteously respond to calls from customers, routing them if needed to the appropriate department
- Work collaboratively with other team members to ensure smooth workflow in all departments
- Follow-up and ensure all prescriptions are completed daily
- Contact doctors’ offices as needed for refill requests, clarification of orders, etc. in order to process prescriptions
- Notify facility and pharmacist if product is out of stock, prescription has no refills, or if prior authorization is required
- Adjudicate all prescriptions prior to sending to daily fill counter for packaging
- Contact responsible party if medication is not covered by patient’s insurance or if prior authorization is required and determine if Responsible Party will pay for the medication if it is sent.
- Enter “profile” prescriptions for new facilities and fax physicians’ orders to obtain refills for new residents
- Assist with the filing of completed orders, packaging of medications, profiling of orders for medical records, and filling processed prescriptions to dispense to the resident
- Print MARS for next day delivery and print monthly MARS
- File patients’ prescriptions daily, whether electronically or manually
- Work on additional duties and special projects as assigned.
Registered Pharmacy Technician in State of Georgia required, National Certification preferred
Pharmacy data entry experience in high volume environment such as long-term care pharmacy operations (preferred), retail, mail order, and/or hospital required.
Good computer skills, including pharmacy operations system (Framework/Docutrack experience preferred)
Medicine on Time experience (MOT) preferred
Must work accurately and efficiently to enter prescriptions in multiple dispensing modalities and ability to be 100% productive
Ability to problem solve, multi-task, make decisions in fast-paced environment, and work to deadlines required
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D required
Flexible schedule required
8 hr. schedule Monday-Friday 9-close (approximately 6pm)
Ability to work assigned shift punctual and on-time.
Comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and a company matched 401(k) plan.