Guardian Pharmacy of Tampa is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Job Objective: Serve the needs of our long term care residents by interpreting and processing prescriptions orders and related documents in order to deliver the right medication to the right resident in a timely manner.
This part-time position will be scheduled weekends.
Attention to Detail | Hardworking | Sense of Urgency
Customer Focused | Positive Attitude
Strong Interpersonal Skills | Team Player
Accurate | Observant | Organized
Reliable | Flexible | Strong Communication Skills
Quick Learner | Multi-task
Self-Motivated | Goal oriented
- Works in all areas of the pharmacy to assist in filling medication orders including Dosis, control room, unit dose packing, bulk packaging, prepack wall and compounding.
- Fill unit dose prescriptions according to facility standardsRegularly participates in daily visual management board meetings and engages in conversation
- Fill any STATs as communicated by pharmacist team.
- Perform labels pulls at regular intervals to keep workflow moving.
- Returns medications to shelf routinely throughout the day
- Assist in quarterly physical inventory process
- Prioritizes work to ensure prescriptions are filled per delivery schedule
- Communicate any issues with the Pharmacy Manager or Operations Manager in a timely manner.
- Support the Visual Management Board program through regular meetings to monitor quality, delivery and cost goals.
- Uses critical thinking and is actively involved in resolving any issues with our pharmacy information systems or automation.
- Able to multitask and prioritize work to meet competing demands and deadlines to ensure runs depart in a timely manner
- Monitors own work to provide error-free prescriptions
- Strives to meet the needs of internal customers through productivity and quality measures
- Follows the workflow process
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned per business needs
- Responds to request for overtime as needed to support the needs of the business based on queue management to ensure runs leave as scheduled
- High School diploma or G.E.D. required
- Valid Pharmacy Technician Registration with State of FL
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- Possess strong attention to detail
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Ability to problem-solve, make decisions in fast-paced environment, and work to meet deadlines
- Able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and some holidays.
- Requires standing and moving for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs regularly
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan.