Guardian Pharmacy is a fast-growing company seeking top talent. We are looking for a highly motivated, dependable, self-starter with a positive attitude and an eye for detail. The ideal candidate will have excellent organization and communication skills (verbal & written), along with the ability to add value through collaboration with other members of the team. The Staff Accountant role will work closely with Senior Accountants and report directly to the Manager of Financial Reporting & Accounting. The accountant’s responsibilities include ownership and review of financial statements of subsidiaries which consist of reconciling account balances and bank statements, capitalizing fixed assets, booking monthly and quarterly entries to the general ledger, and income statement analysis. This role will also assist in the quarterly reviews and annual audit, among other projects and duties. If you are an enthusiastic hands-on individual who thrives in an exciting fast-paced environment with the potential for an IPO, now is an excellent time to consider joining our team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (include the following):
- Manage the preparation and review of individual financial statements for 8-10 LLCs, including monthly review for accuracy and consistency.
- Perform standard accounting duties such as recording transactions to the general ledger, reconcile accounts, and prepare financial report
- Perform analytical review on the financial statements to detect variances in budget and prior periods vs actual
- Participate and support monthly financial review calls with local operating unit presidents and executive management.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures to improve efficiency
- Prepare schedules to assist with external annual audits and quarterly reviews
- Prepare workpapers to assist with due diligence
- Document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
EDUCATION AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution in Accounting or Finance is required
- MAcc or MBA (preferred, not required)
- CPA track preferred
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2-4 years of hands on accounting experience
- Healthcare industry experience is a plus
- Excellent organization, time management, prioritization skills and ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexible and able to quickly adapt to new systems and the changing needs of a growing business
- Strong Excel stills and knowledge of Microsoft Office products is required
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Great Plains and/or Workday experience is preferred
- Accustomed to multi-tasking and meeting multiple, tight deadlines
- Extremely organized, detail oriented, and a speedy learner
- Self-motivated and directed; hungry to get started with a high-growth company in a thriving environment
- Proactive and takes initiative; someone who follows-through reliably
- Curious and passionate about the work we are doing
- A team-player; always open to offer innovative and constructive ideas to continue our team's success and efficiency
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
- Articulate and has great communication skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in verbal and written form
- Strong communication skills and a customer service attitude
- Must be able to frequently communicate with customers and/or with others about customer’s requirements, complaints, and common inquiries
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others inside and outside the pharmacy, including the ability to express oneself and exchange information in what, at times, could be a stressful or high-pressure environment.
- The employee frequently is required to move about the office to access files, use office equipment, and to interact with others. The person must be able to sit or remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time to be able to work, communicate on the phone, utilize the computer, and interact with others. The employee is occasionally required to stand or otherwise be able to access files, equipment, and other items in high places.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Due to the collaborative nature of the business and the need to service customers, the employee must be able to interact effectively with others in an office environment, manage conflict, and handle stressful situations and deadlines.
- Requires desk work in office environment
- Requires up to 10% travel, by air and ground
- Ability to work flexible hours (occasional night & weekend work may be required during quarter/year-end close
Comprehensive benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts, Company matched 401(k) Plan, Vacation and Sick time off