Southern Pharmacy Services is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Assist management team in achievement of business plan through retention of existing clients, increasing sales to existing clients (penetration of census), and building strong customer relationships by providing clinical assistance, regulatory support and client staff education as needed. Function as liaison between pharmacy operations and customer, working with operations team to ensure superior delivery of pharmaceutical products and services. As clinical expert, develop and implement clinical and C.E. programs to supplement marketing efforts, and assist in implementation of clinically-focused programs to support marketing.
- Work Ethic/Integrity – must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
- Leadership – ability to lead project teams to deadlines, while maintaining strong team orientation
- Relational – ability to build relationships with business unit management and become “trusted advisor”
- Strategy and Planning – ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
- Problem Solving – ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Team Oriented – ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
- Act as a liaison with operations to identify opportunities for improvement and maintain effective documentation for each individual account to ensure appropriate and timely resolution. As appropriate, assist in resolution process.
- Licensed Health Professional Support (LHPS) – On site review an evaluation of the residents’ health status, care plan, and care provided. Reviews are maintained in the facility and are readily available.
- LHPS Review – Residents
- Perform physical assessments of residents (see personal care tasks listed in rule 10A NCAC 13F .0903 (a) (1) through (28))
- Evaluating the residents progress to care being provided
- Recommending changes in care as needed based on the physical assessment and evaluation of the progress of the resident
- Documenting the activities listed above
- Reviews and Evaluations Completed
- Within 30 days of admission
- Within 30 days residents develop need for task
- At least quarterly thereafter
- Licensed Health Professional Support (LHPS) – Training and skill validation of non-licensed home health care personnel and licensed personnel not practicing in licensed capacity to ensure they are competent to perform required tasks.
- LHPS Skill Validation – Staff
- Train unlicensed staff and validate specific tasks outlined in the rule 10A NCAC 13F .0903(a)(1) through (28)
- Training must be provided on the care of residents with diabetes prior to staff administering insulin to the resident
- Ongoing competency must be assured
- Ensure initial servicing of new customer patients/residents is smooth and error free by acting as liaison/quality assurance point person upon startup of service.
- Assist customers during annual licensure survey as requested.
- Conduct compliance surveys at facilities. Assist in coordinating action plans to minimize liability and risks as a result of compliance surveys.
- Maintain compliance and expertise regarding current health care and pharmacy industry standards of practice regulations, changes, and clinical skills as needed to support customer needs.
- Monitor Quality Improvement Process, Standards of Practice, Pharmacy Policy and Procedures (internal & external), etc., and report them to the Pharmacy Manager and President
- Provide in-service training and orientation to facility staff regarding implementation process, survey process, medication administration, medication charting, risk management, performance improvement, etc.
- Schedule periodic site visits to provide supervision, clinical expertise, ensure communication, and to monitor the overall service level provided by the pharmacy.
- Support and follow up with the facilities in identifying trends and assists in the development of corrective action plans and troubleshooting resolutions.
- Conduct oneself with the highest degree of honesty and integrity in every interaction.
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
Education: Registered Nurse (RN) preferred
- 2+ years of related experience (advanced degree may substitute for experience)
- LTC and IV experience preferred
- Advanced computer skills; pharmacy operations system experience preferred/required
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
- Hands-on experience in LTC facility, hospital geriatric, or other long-term care setting required
- Proven success as Director/Administrator of Nursing at LTC facility preferred
Requires up to 75% travel by ground and will be covering the area between Charlotte and Winston-Salem.
Schedule: Part-Time working approximately 20 hours per week.
Ability to work flexible hours; hours of operation are subject to change based on the needs of the pharmacy
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan.