Pharmacy Tech Staging & Delivery-Day Shift
St. Petersburg, FL
Guardian Pharmacy of Tampa is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Serve the needs of our long-term care residents by monitoring the daily work queues to ensure all filled prescriptions are ready to be delivered accurately and on-time.
Attention to Detail | Analytical | Customer Focused | Positive Attitude
Strong Interpersonal Skills | Team Player
Accurate| Observant | Organized
Reliable | Flexible | Strong Communication Skills
- Works in all areas of the pharmacy to assist in filling medication orders including Dosis, control room, unit dose, packing, bulk packaging, and prepack wall and compounding
- Fill unit dose prescriptions according to facility standards
- Monitor the delivery dashboard to ensure all prescriptions due on the next run have been scanned and all workflow steps completed
- Regularly participates in daily visual management board meetings and engages in conversation
- Fill any STATs as communicated by pharmacist team
- Perform label pulls at regular intervals to keep workflow moving
- Returns medications to shelf routinely throughout the day
- Assist in quarterly physical inventory process
- Prioritizes work to ensure prescriptions are filled per delivery schedule
- Communicate any issues with the Pharmacy Manager or Operations Manager in a timely manner
- Support the Visual Management Board program through regular meetings to monitor quality, delivery, and cost goals
- Uses critical thinking and is actively involved in resolving any issues with our pharmacy information systems or automation
- Able to multitask and prioritize work to meet competing demands and deadlines to ensure runs depart in a timely manner
- Monitors own work to provide error-free prescriptions
- Strives to meet the needs of internal customers through productivity and quality measures
- Follows the workflow process
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Registered pharmacy technician license in Florida or completing pharmacy technician school within 6 months.
- 1+ years of experience in pharmacy, preferably in retail or long term care
- Advanced computer skills; pharmacy operations system experience preferred/required
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
Flexible Schedule Required:
- Monday-Friday; 9:00 am-5:30 pm; 3:30 pm – 12:00 am Varied Shifts Available Now
- Overtime may be required as needed.
Career Advancement Opportunity:
- Cross Training and Career Advancement Opportunities are available.
Note: A background check and pre-employment drug screen are required.
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan.