Saliba's Extended Care Pharmacy is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Evaluates/triages incoming fax prescriptions to ensure timely and accurate entry into pharmacy operations system. Routes incoming calls to appropriate department/individual. Receives, processes and follows-up on refill requests.
- Work Ethic/Integrity – must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
- Strategy and Planning – ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
- Problem Solving – ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Team Oriented – ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
- Triage incoming fax prescriptions to ensure timely dispensing; ensure proper “stat” coding
- Accurately enter prescriptions into operating system to eliminate errors at dispensing
- Courteously respond to calls from customers, routing them as appropriate to ensure top service level
- Work collaboratively with other team members to ensure smooth workflow in data entry department
- Ensure all prescriptions received for each designated run are processed by official cut-off time.
- Receive, evaluate, process and follow up as needed with doctor offices on all refills assigned
- Assists when time allows with filing of completed orders, lidding of filled Opus cassettes, profiling of orders for medical records, and may at times fill processed prescriptions to dispense to the patient
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Arizona Certified Pharmacy Technician license required
- 2+ years of experience in pharmacy, preferably in retail, long-term care, hospital, and/or mail order
- Advanced computer skills; pharmacy operations system experience preferred/required
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
Flexibile Schedule Required:
8 hour shift
Hours of operation are subject to change based on the needs of the pharmacy
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan.