Staff Pharmacist – 1-3 years exp/Long Term Care
Menomonee Falls, WI
LOCATION: This position is based out of Menomonee Falls, WI
Mallatt’s Homecare Pharmacy serves over 3,000 patients in the long-term care industry in the State of Wisconsin. Mallatt's Pharmacy is part of the Guardian Pharmacy services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy. Check out our website…mallattsltc.com and guardianpharmacy.net to learn more about our story.
Accurately reviews and interprets medication orders; prepares accurate and complete patient profiles; reviews profiles for correct drug, dosage, and route of administration; ensures that no drug duplication or drug-drug interaction exists; ensures that patient is not allergic to any medication prescribed. Efficiently performs other professional pharmacy duties including the safe procurement, preparation, labeling, distribution, and control of all drugs.
Attention to Detail | Sense of Urgency
Self-motivated | Positive Attitude | Customer Focused
Strong Interpersonal Skills | Team Player
Accurate| Multi-Tasker | Organized
Reliable | Flexible | Strong Communication Skills
Problem Solver | Clinical | Quick Learner
• Reviews prescription orders issued by physicians and other authorized prescribers.
• Performs medication profile reviews.
• Examines prepared orders for accuracy.
• Provides clinical drug information to meet the needs of the patient, physician, or other healthcare professional.
• Coordinates the activities of assigned pharmacy technicians engaged in the preparation, labeling, and delivery of medications and other pharmaceutical supplies.
• Provide quality on-call pharmacist services during closed hours of pharmacy.
• Maintains established procedures concerning medication packaging standards, quality assurance, and security of controlled substances.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations pertaining to the dispensing of drugs and controlled drugs and the maintenance of required records.
• Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
• Clear and valid WI pharmacist license required
• At least 1+ years of pharmacist experience is required in retail, hospital, mail order, and/or long-term care setting
• Long Term Care Pharmacy experience is a plus, but not required
• Docutrack knowledge preferred
• RNA/Helix operating system experience is preferred, but not required
• Strong clinical knowledge
• Strong data entry and computer processing skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills required
• Ability to problem solve, make decisions in fast-paced environment, and work to deadlines
• Ability to stand for long periods of time and work assigned shift
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
• Must be a team player
• Hours Include, but are subject to change based on the needs of the pharmacy:
• Monday-Friday 8am-7:30pm
• Saturdays and Sundays closed, however subject to change based on the needs of hte business
• Rotating holiday's and on-call