Guardian Pharmacy of Southeast Florida is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Under the direction of Director, Pharmacy Operations and Pharmacist in Charge, responsible to ensure all prescriptions are filled according to order and regulations, accurately and in a timely manner and for evaluating the drug regimens of patients in a nursing home to assure the facility is providing adequate drug therapy and is within the guidelines of Federal and State regulations.
- Work Ethic/Integrity – must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
- Leadership – ability to lead project teams to deadlines, while maintaining strong team orientation
- Relational – ability to build relationships with business unit management and become “trusted advisor”
- Strategy and Planning – ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
- Problem Solving – ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Team Oriented – ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
- Evaluate the drug regimen reviews of patients/clients in the facility, assuring appropriate drug therapy.
- Monitor the compliance of the facility with Federal and State guidelines and note any irregularities in report or in person when appropriate.
- Serve as an information source regarding medication and Federal and State pharmacy regulations.
- Act as a liaison between the pharmacy and the facility when problems need to be resolved.
- Educate nurses about problem areas within the facility and also in areas of staff interest.
- Attend necessary meetings at the facility to include quality assurance etc
- Review physician orders and evaluates for appropriate action, dosage, potential drug interactions, administration and stability.
- Assist in training and supervising pharmacy technicians, interns, and externs.
- Produce written reports on findings and recommendations for each monthly visit to facilities and provide reports to the Administrator, DON, and where appropriate the medical director/physician.
- Reconcile controlled drugs and audit patient charts per State and Federal Regulations.
- Accurately prepare medications for final dispensing to the patient, including filling, order entry, and packaging
- Review filled blister cards to ensure prescription was filled correctly
- Verify the legality and pharmaceutical feasibility of dispensing a drug based on patients’ allergies, Incompatibilities with current medications, frequency of refills, etc.
- Interpret prescription orders, to include exercising professional judgment in determining whether to dispense a particular prescription
- Supervise and or Compound IV’s as needed.
- Answer questions from patients, doctors, nurses, etc.
- Evaluate CII inventory levels and place orders when appropriate via CSOS
- Reconcile CII hardcopy scripts
- On exception items, look up most cost-effective product to order
- Supervise pharmacy technicians as required and to maximize workflow efficiency.
- Work closely with customer/facility if product is out of stock or unavailable and communicate when / if the order can be filled
- Travel frequently to facilities to perform duties
- Complete Initial or Interim Drug Regiment Reviews (DRR’s) on required patients.
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
Education: Bachelor's Degree or PharmD.
- Florida Pharmacist license
- 1+ years of related experience, preferably in long term care or high-volume pharmacy
- Advanced computer skills; pharmacy operations system experience preferred/required
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
Flexible Schedule Required: Full-Time
8 hour shift
Hours of operation are subject to change based on the needs of the pharmacy
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan