Guardian Mid-South Pharmacy is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Under the direction of the Director, Pharmacy Operations, responsible for evaluating the drug regimens of patients in a nursing home to assure the facility is providing adequate drug therapy and is within the guidelines of Federal and State regulations. In addition, will work the Director, Pharmacy Operations to schedule and direct the work of the Consultant Pharmacist team. Will assist the management team in achieving the business plan by building strong customer relationships. Our ideal candidate will live in the Memphis area and will cover Memphis and the surrounding areas.
- Work Ethic/Integrity – must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
- Leadership – ability to lead project teams to deadlines, while maintaining strong team orientation
- Relational – ability to build relationships with business unit management and become “trusted advisor”; ability to build relationships internal/external and provide excellent customer service to facilities
- Strategy and Planning – ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
- Problem Solving – ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Team Oriented – ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
- Evaluates the drug regimen reviews of patients/clients in the facility, assuring appropriate drug therapy.
- Monitors the compliance of the facility with Federal and State guidelines and notes any irregularities.
- Serves as an information source regarding medication and Federal and State pharmacy regulations.
- Acts as a liaison between the pharmacy and the facility when problems need to be resolved.
- Educates nurses about problem areas within the facility and also in areas of staff interest.
- Attends necessary meetings of the facility, pharmacy, infection control, quality assurance, and interdisciplinary team conference.
- Reviews physician orders and evaluates for appropriate action, dosage, potential drug interactions, administration, and stability.
- Assists in training and supervising pharmacy technicians, interns, and externs.
- Produces written reports on findings and recommendations for each monthly visit to facilities and provides reports to the Administrator, DOM, and where appropriate the medical director/physician.
- Maintains seizure and drug problem notice files.
- Reconciles controlled drugs and audits patient charts.
- Manage the consulting pharmacist staff to include assisting with hiring, disciplining and scheduling.
- Oversee consultant pharmacist staff training keeping the team up-to-date with the most recent State and Federal regulations.
- Provide annual evaluations of consultant pharmacist staff.
- Provide technical support and oversight to the consultant pharmacists.
- Coordinate Vendor relations and training with our customers.
- Manages consultant pharmacist payroll in ADP.
- Manages staff expense request in Concur.
- Reports problems back to the Quality department.
- Provide Survey coverage.
- Travels frequently and on short notice.
- Present educational programs to Tennessee Healthcare Association meetings and customers
- Ability to develop medication formulary for SNF communities
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
Education: BS/PharmD degree in pharmacy
- Tennessee Pharmacist License Required
- 2+ years pharmacist experience, preferably in LTC or high-volume pharmacy
- Medical consulting experience
- Advanced computer skills; pharmacy operations system experience preferred/required; EMAR System preferred
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
Requires up to 75% travel, by air and ground
Ability to work flexible hours; hours of operation are subject to change based on the needs of the pharmacy
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan