Pharmacy Tech - Prepack Technician Monday - Friday 9am - 5:30 pm. Occasional overtime. Must be able to work 3/31, 6/30, 9/30 and 12/31 for Physical Inventory Count.
St. Petersburg, FL
Guardian Pharmacy of Tampa is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Serve the needs of our long-term care residents by monitoring the daily work queues to ensure all filled prescriptions are ready to be delivered accurately and on-time.
Attention to Detail | Analytical | Customer Focused | Positive Attitude
Strong Interpersonal Skills | Team Player
Accurate| Observant | Organized
Reliable | Flexible | Strong Communication Skills
OBJECTIVE: To support the needs of the fulfillment team by ensuring par levels are maintained for a select group of drugs to be used in the filling process. This position also supports the purchaser in minimizing inventory purchases by ensuring all medications returned to the pharmacy are returned to the shelf for distribution in a timely manner.
- Maintain the prepack wall par levels through daily production of select group of identified medications per business needs.
- Adapt to changes in volume by adjusting par quantities or SKU list per business needs
- Maintain prepacking automation through routine cleaning and collaboration with customer support
- Evaluate prepack wall daily to determine resupply needs and prioritize work produced.
- Routinely work facility returns into circulation in a timely manner to keep inventory levels low and drugs in regular circulation for use by fill techs.
- Ensure out of date medications are not returned to shelf via return process
- Assist purchasing to prepare shelves for physical inventory to ensure accuracy and ease of counting
- Assist in quarterly inventory – participation mandatory
- Assist purchaser with reviewing inventory shelves for expired medication and processing reverse distributor returns
- Track start & end times along with drug name, strength & quantity prepacked on pre-pack log form. When full page filled out return to fulfillment supervisor
- Assist in filling for daily run as needed per the needs of business.
- Train new employees on LCA Script process
- Serve as back-up for EDK tech, Purchasing or Fulfillment as per scheduling needs
- Perform other related job duties as assigned per business needs
Support Visual Management Board initiative through daily participation in meetings EDUCATION:
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- Possess strong attention to detail
- Moderate mathematical and analytical skills
- Frameworks experience a plus
- Requires standing and moving for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs regularly
- Must be able to work some midday shifts and weekends, with varying schedule in accordance with business needs. Preferred candidate will be flexible to changes in schedule
Career Advancement Opportunity:
- Cross Training and Career Advancement Opportunities are available.
Note: A background check and pre-employment drug screen are required.
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan.