Guardian Pharmacy of Orlando is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
As a key member of local management team, responsible for ensuring operation of the business is conducted efficiently and accurately while maintaining a high level of customer service. Provides input for strategic decisions such as determining appropriate operational staffing levels in advance of new business, technology enhancements to improve efficiency, scheduling of subordinate staff to meet management guidelines, and regulatory controls appropriate to the business.
Collaborative | Self-Motivated | Performance-Driven
Strong Work Ethic | Personable | Energetic
Multi-Tasker | Dependable | Strong Sense of Urgency
Strong Business Acumen | Team Player | Building Relationships
Strong Communication Skills | Verbal & Written
- Ensure all prescriptions are verified, filled and dispensed accurately, timely and within budget
- Responsible for scheduling and maintaining appropriate staffing levels to ensure operation runs smoothly within budget
- Develop supervisory staff; provide input and directions as needed
- Input on identifying and evaluating technology which has potential to improve efficiency in operations
- Oversee workflow; identify problem areas and implement process improvements
- Develop training procedures manual to include each functional area within the pharmacy.
- Oversee purchasing for operations, including drugs and all supplies required, and manage inventory to plan.
- Review existing inventory process and explore the implementation of perpetual inventory.
- Work with President/Director, Finance & Administration to ensure prior authorization/refills are handled in a manner that minimizes uncollected revenue; implement processes and retain staff as necessary.
- Contribute to production by working as a Pharmacist as needed
- Customer relations duties as needed and as assigned
- Develop internal implementation plan and timeline when adding new business
- Responsible for maintaining and further develop a culture of employee engagement and empowerment.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy RPh or PharmD. required
- Valid Florida Pharmacist license
- Excellent leadership skills and proven ability as a strong leader
- Excellent management skills and organizational/teamwork understanding
- 3+ years’ experience as Director/Manager of Pharmacy operations leading, managing & coaching successful teams; long-term care experience preferred
- Experience with state and federal laws and regulations related to pharmacy operations, revenue cycle and state pharmacy regulations.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives for pharmacy operations
- Six Sigma Certification is a plus
- Excellent computer skills, including pharmacy operations systems
- Proficient using Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables and V-Lookups)
- Demonstrated ability to leverage data for problem-solving; Basic financial analysis skills
- Ability to handle multiple changing priorities and work to deadlines
- Excellent organization, time management, prioritization skills and be able to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to develop and implement policies and procedures
- Takes ownership of tasks required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Fair Employment Practices
- Ability to analyze processes and improve efficiencies
- Experience managing multiple functional areas
- Experience in high volume pharmacy practice
- Requires up to 20% travel, by air and ground
- Ability to work flexible hours; hours of operation are subject to change based on the needs of the pharmacy
- Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
- All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan.