Pharmacy Technician – Frameworks/Data Entry/Nights
Guardian Pharmacy of Atlanta is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Evaluates/triages incoming fax prescriptions to ensure timely and accurate entry into pharmacy operations system. Routes incoming calls to appropriate department/individual. Receives, processes, and follows-up on refill requests. Keys all orders accurately and in a timely manner without error.
- Work Ethic/Integrity – must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
- Strategy and Planning – ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
- Problem Solving – ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Team Oriented – ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
- Triage all documents to the appropriate queues
- Courteously respond to calls from customers, routing them as appropriate to ensure top level service
- Work with other members of the data entry department to ensure smooth workflow within the pharmacy
- Receive orders, evaluate, process, and follow-up as needed with facilities and/or doctor’s offices
- Accurately enter prescriptions into operating system to eliminate errors at dispensing, during MAR printing, and cycle filling (new orders, admissions, refills, CII, Clozaril)
- Notify facility and customer service if product is out of stock and when delivery can be expected
- Ensure all prescriptions within the day have been completed and/or addressed.
- Key refills accurately following cut off times
- Call facility and/or doctor’s office for all needed clarifications
- Call in backup prescriptions and insure all orders that were called into backup have been charged correctly to patient’s account
- Determine what kind facility (cycle, EMAR, etc.) and how to process order before keying and sending to verify.
- Provide documentation on all conversations with facilities in regard to what it was about and who they spoke with Go through delivery sheets that have discrepancies and problem solve.
- Assist with filling of completed orders, packaging of medications, profiling of orders for medical records, and filling processed prescriptions to dispense to the patient
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Registered pharmacy technician license in Georgia or national certification
- Advanced computer skills; pharmacy operations system experience preferred/required
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
Evening Schedule Required:
Anticipated schedule; Monday – Friday, 3pm – 11pm
8 hour shift
Hours of operation are subject to change based on the needs of the pharmacy
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan.