Pharmacy Technician – Billing Specialist-On the Job Training/No Weekends
Guardian Pharmacy of Birmingham is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Due to rapid growth, we are offering on the job training:
- Training: Your training will include a combination of hands-on learning and with teammates
- Start Date:ASAP
- Schedule:Monday – Friday; No Weekends
- Why Would You Want to Work Here? We are a closed door long-term care pharmacy! Build strong customer relationships with doctors, nurses and caregivers.
- Extra Perks: Work at your stand-up desk.
- Grow Your Career: We are seeking individuals who have a strong desire to constantly learn and grow for future opportunities within our pharmacy!
Assists in the pharmacy claims, billing, and A/R processes as assigned. Provides excellent customer service to our residents, sponsors, and facility staff as it relates to billing inquiries.
Attention to Detail | Analytical | Strong Communication Skills
Customer Focused | Critical Thinker
Strong Interpersonal Skills | Team Player
Accurate| Organized | Desire to Learn
Multi-Tasker | Positive Attitude
- Maintain accurate and complete patient billing records
- Perform prescription claims adjudication for all pharmacy insurance programs
- Perform composite prescription batch processing within the pharmacy operating system
- Analyze and reprocess rejected claims by identifying why the claim rejected and making any necessary corrections (prior authorizations, updated insurance information, etc.) in a timely manner
- Complete and process prior authorization request forms
- Make outgoing calls to insurers, responsible parties and others to follow up on rejected claims and to gather accurate insurance information
- Answer incoming calls pertaining to billing inquiries; resolve issues or forward to appropriate authority
- Manage and communicate billing exceptions to other pharmacy departments to ensure minimal bottlenecks in the daily pharmacy workflow
- Generate and review pre-bill verification reports to ensure accurate and timely customer invoices
- Assist with various month end close processes
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Current and active Alabama Pharmacy Technician license preferred
- Pharmacy experience 2+ years, long term care or retail setting is preferred
- Pharmacy Order Entry experience
- Advanced computer skills; pharmacy operations system experience preferred/required
Experience or Willing to Learn:
- Patient intake, insurance verification, billing collections and follow up with payers
- Accounts Receivable (A/R) / Prior Medicare Part D or insurance experience is a plus or willing to learn
- Good computer skills, including pharmacy operations system (Framework LTC experience preferred)
- Must be able research, respond, resolve questions or concerns for our clients and facilities.
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve, make decisions in fast-paced environment and work to deadline
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while adhering to strict deadlines
Flexible Schedule Required:
Hours of operation are subject to change based on the needs of the pharmacy
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan.