Staff Pharmacist - 32 hours/week
Southern Pharmacy Services is part of the Guardian Pharmacy network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Job Objective: Under the direction of the Pharmacist in Charge, ensure all prescriptions are filled according to regulations, accurately, and in a timely manner in order to provide the best and most economical way to meet the patient’s needs.
Attention to Detail | Sense of Urgency
Self-motivated | Positive Attitude
Strong Interpersonal Skills | Team Player
Accurate| Multi-tasker | Organized
Reliable | Flexible | Strong Communication Skills
Problem Solver | Clinical | Leadership | Quick Learner
- Knowledgeable of State and Federal Regulations and Laws related to the practice of Pharmacy, Controlled Drugs, and 797-Compliance
- Accurately prepare medications for final dispensing to the patient, including filling, order verification, and packaging
- Review filled blister cards to ensure prescription was filled correctly
- Verify the legality and pharmaceutical feasibility of dispensing a drug based on patients’ allergies, incompatibilities with current medications, frequency of refills, etc.
- Interpret prescription orders, to include exercising professional judgment in determining whether to dispense a particular prescription
- Supervise and or Compound IV’s as needed
- Transfer prescriptions to other pharmacies as needed
- Answer questions from patients, doctors, nurses, etc.
- Notify customer/facility if product is out of stock and when the order can be filled
- Restock station supplies as needed
- Supervise pharmacy technicians as required and to maximize workflow efficiency.
- Work closely with customer/facility if product is out of stock or unavailable and communicate when / if the order can be filled
- Rarely travel to facilities to perform duties
- Work with Billing Department to resolve drug therapy substitution issues
- Manage company-billable expenses, as defined by management, when necessary and report in a timely manner
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
- NC pharmacist license required
- 2+ years of pharmacy experience in retail, hospital, mail order, and/or long term acute care pharmacy setting
- Strong clinical knowledge
- Experience with Framework and Docutrack preferred
- Ability to problem solve, make decisions in fast-paced environment, and work to deadlines
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
Schedule: Monday: 10:30-7:30, Tuesday: 9:30-6:30, Thursday: 9:30-6:30, and Friday: 10-7
Hours are subject to change based on the needs of the pharmacy
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan.