WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
To keep pace with our continued expansion, we are seeking a Director, Finance & Administration in our Brunswick, Maine Pharmacy. We are interested in finding people who want to grow with our organization. This role requires a motivated and detailed individual who is highly organized. This candidate will be able to provide operational and analytic support to departments and our management team. We thrive on a culture that serves with respect, is built on team work and strives to provide world class customer service. Help us improve financial outcomes, and departmental efficiencies.
Our ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
Entrepreneurial | Customer focused | Ability to Solve Problems
Analytical Skills | Raw Intelligence
Strong Interpersonal Skills | Performance Driven
Team Player | Building Relationships | Ability to Manage
Self-motivated | Positive Outcome Focused
Multi-Tasker | Dependable | Strong Work Ethic
Desire to Learn | Strong Communication Skills
As a key member of the local management team, assist in achieving annual business plan through management of revenue reporting, P&L expense budget, contract negotiation for non-drug vendors, and achieving 100% collection of accounts receivable. Function as human resources representative, including first-line employee relations issues, assistance in sourcing/screening/hiring talent for all levels in the pharmacy, overseeing new-hire process, time and attendance data, and benefits communication/enrollment. Assist with customer relations and marketing efforts as needed. Oversight of all local relationships related to facility management & procurement of supplies/services.
- Assist in development of annual business plan and analysis.
- Assist in achievement of business plan through careful management of all non-drug expenses to plan
- Provide complex analysis of monthly/quarterly financial statement results, including variance explanations for revenue, COGS (margin), labor/headcount metrics and all other operating expenses. Lead monthly financial call with review team.
- Manage quarterly analysis of margin/pharmacy inventory to explain variances.
- Analyze weekly margin report to ensure maximum reimbursement and margin improvement
- Manage Revenue by Home analysis, including use of profitability template for low performers
- Analysis of customer contracts prior to implementation to assess impact on profitability
- Manage annual Benchmark Plan review including communication plan with customers (Part D Plan Analysis)
- Manage all aspects of billing/collections functions to ensure accurate and timely billing for all customers, and collection of private pay and facility receivables.
- Work closely with local leadership team and support services AR team in determining and executing strategy for collection of difficult accounts, up to termination of service decisions
Revenue Cycle Management:
- Manage monthly revenue close process to ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Manage all pre & post edit analysis
- Manage implementation and maintenance of price tables to ensure proper reimbursement and contract compliance
- Manage quarterly rebate review for opportunities to increase rebates (using MHA spreadsheet)
- Ensure accuracy of locator codes for billing
- Manage monthly unbilled balances to identify trends/problems
- Evaluate Private Pay A/R weekly reports and provide regular status updates to the pharmacy operation
- Participate in the monthly A/R calls with President
- Manage cash deposits and transmission of data to bank/ATL office
- Assist in the sourcing/selection of talent needed to support pharmacy operations growth and business strategy
- Oversee and manage local on-boarding of new employees, including all required paperwork transmission
- Ensure accurate and compliant time and attendance records are kept and facilitate timely transmission of all data needed for payroll processing in ATL office.
- Ensure all relevant benefits are communicated to new employees in a timely manner, including open enrollment deadlines.
- Oversee compliance training plans for non-exempt staff, assist with employee relations issues resolution and with communication of company policies & procedures related compliance and human capital.
- Manage information technology and network support services; vendor liaison at installations, network maintenance and technology interfaces to ensure smooth information flow; liaison with support services office on local operating systems and IT vendors
- Working knowledge of pharmacy operating system, Docutrak, Veridikal and Surecost software systems.
- Customer relations duties as assigned for retention of existing customers and on-boarding of new accounts
- Manage local facility/landlord relationship and oversee vehicle maintenance and records (if applicable).
- Ensure pharmacy has all necessary supplies/equipment to function effectively and efficiently, within plan.
- Oversee all administrative functions at local level, including supplies/procurement, meeting planning
- Liaison with ATL office on issues related to accounting, administration, HR policies/procedures
- Other special projects as assigned
- Part B Accreditations – Compliance Officer
- BS/BA required – prefer Business/Healthcare Administration, Finance, Accounting, Operations, Supply Chain, Logistics or may consider equivalent experience.
- 3+ years expertise in: Operations Management/Healthcare Distribution in areas such as: Pharmacy/Pharmaceuticals, Healthcare, Hospital, Laboratory, Physician, Medical Equipment/Medical Supplies
- 3+ years’ experience in analysis skills and working knowledge of basic accounting/finance principles required.
- Management/Supervisor experience required. Proven experience in leading, managing and coaching teams; Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively in a team environment required, including the ability to influence and mentor.
- Knowledge of medical billing claims and revenue cycle workflow
- Knack for process, people and performance management – the “big picture” and the details required to deliver it.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office Pro (Excel proficiency – including expertise in V-Lookup and pivot tables, working knowledge of all related software), network administration basics, internet-based communications; ability to obtain good working knowledge of all business-unit operating systems required.
- Working knowledge of basic employment/payroll guidelines or equivalent educational background required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including confidentiality),
- Maintain High Level of Customer Satisfaction
- Working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma methodologies/Process Improvement is a plus!