Mallatt’s Pharmacy is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Serve the needs of our long-term care residents by monitoring the daily queues to ensure all filled prescriptions are ready to be delivered through the staging and reconciliation process.
- Work Ethic/Integrity – must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
- Strategy and Planning – ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
- Problem Solving – ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Team Oriented – ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
- Assist in filling medication orders including unit dose packaging, controlled substances, medication boxes, bulk packaging, and compounding.
- Prioritizes work to ensure prescriptions are filled per delivery schedule
- Pull labels at regular intervals to keep workflow moving
- Sort and scan all orders to the correct tote
- Perform checks on each tote to ensure the manifest accurately reflects the contents of the tote.
- Batch bill and fill appropriate homes using pharmacy software system
- Return medications to shelf routinely throughout the day
- Maintain accurate logs of homecare filling process by updating spreadsheets daily
- Assist in quarterly physical inventory process
- Communicate any issues with the Director, Pharmacy Operations in a timely manner.
- Serve as back-up daily fill tech as directed by management as business needs require
- Use appropriate auxiliary labels when needed
- Provide assistance to other daily fill and maintenance fill technicians when appropriate
- Arrange delivery totes according to appropriate routes
- Sort checked medications into route-specific groups
- Place delivery manifests, supplemental medications, and drug monographs into correct totes
- Maintain clean and orderly scanning area, by keeping supplies, totes, and medications arranged in a logical and practical manner
- Assist with answering incoming calls and retrieving voicemails throughout the day
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
Education: High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years of related experience (advanced degree may substitute for experience)
- Advanced computer skills; pharmacy operations system experience preferred/required
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
Must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
Ability to work flexible hours; hours of operation are subject to change based on the needs of the pharmacy
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan