Pharmacy/Medical Billing Specialist
Guardian Pharmacy of Marietta is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Assists in the billing, claims, and collections processes as assigned.
- Work Ethic/Integrity – must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
- Relational – ability to build relationships with business unit management and become “trusted advisor”
- Strategy and Planning – ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
- Problem Solving – ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Team Oriented – ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
- Process daily admits, obtain/verify insurance and mail customer agreements.
- Answer incoming calls related to billing issues. Resolve issue or forward to appropriate authority as needed.
- Make outgoing calls to insurers, responsible parties and others to follow up on rejected claims and to garner accurate insurance information.
- Work collaboratively with co-workers to ensure all deadlines for department are met in an efficient manner.
- Assist in the regular billing invoice production process.
- Prepare customer welcome packets for new facilities.
- Fill-out customer payment forms for ACH/credit card payments and forward Accounts Receivable specialist.
- Process returned medications for restock or disposal.
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- 1+ years of related experience (advanced degree may substitute for experience) in hospital, doctor's offices, and/or pharmacy settings (long term care, mail order, retail)
- Working knowledge of 3rd party insurance carriers, prior authorizations, adjudication, Medicaid, and Medicare preferred
- Advanced computer skills; pharmacy operations system experience preferred
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
Flexibile Schedule Required:
8 hour shift
Hours of operation are subject to change based on the needs of the pharmacy
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan.