Pharmacy Technician - Data Entry 2nd Shift
St. Petersburg, FL
This position works a rotating schedule typically as follows:
Week 1: Monday - Friday 8am - 4:30pm (or later as needed)
Occasional weekends: either Saturday (2pm - 10pm) or (Sunday 11 - 7pm)
Guardian Pharmacy of Tampa is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of pharmacy experience focusing on data/order entry skills in a long-term care setting with both skilled nursing and assisted living experience.
OBJECTIVE: Serve the needs of our long term care residents by interpreting and processing prescriptions orders and related documents in order to deliver the right medication to the right resident in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Match prescriptions entered to hardcopies received from facilities
- Monitor and triage the data entry main and refill too soon queues in order to process work in a timely manner
- Accept inbound calls from customer for routine requests for medications and general inquires while providing excellent customer service
- Practice basic triage function in queues to identify orders as new, refills, admissions and prioritizing those orders by run time.
- Process refills requests, new orders and admissions
- Complete batch adjudications and communicate any claims issues with billing
- Allocate ancillary orders to medical records as needed
- Process Refill Too Soon requests in a timely manner
- Review and work the No Refill report as assigned to ensure all refills are obtained before resident depletes existing supply.
- Assist in monitoring and working the Signed POS queue
- Perform job duties proficiently, accurately and timely with minimal errors to reduce/avoid quality assurance errors and other system-related errors which prevent orders from being delivered in an accurate and timely manner.
- Process refusals from the resident communities
- Assist with quarterly physical inventory as needed
- Perform other related job duties as assigned according to business needs
- High School diploma or G.E.D. required
- Valid Pharmacy Technician Registration with State of FLTRAINING/SKILLS:
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- Possess strong attention to detail
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Ability to problem-solve, make decisions in fast-paced environment, and work to meet deadlines
- Be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and some holidays.
- Requires standing and moving for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs regularly