Guardian Pharmacy of Iowa dba Right Dose is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Under the direction of the Director, Pharmacy Operations, ensure all prescriptions are filled according to regulations, accurately, and in a timely manner in order to provide the best and most economical way to meet the patient’s needs. This position is staffed on an as-needed basis and not eligible for any benefits offered by the pharmacy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (include the following):
- Accurately prepare medications for final dispensing to the patient, including filling, order verification, and packaging
- Review filled blister cards to ensure prescription was filled correctly
- Verify the legality and pharmaceutical feasibility of dispensing a drug based on patients’ allergies,
- incompatibilities with current medications, frequency of refills, etc.
- Interpret prescription orders, to include exercising professional judgment in determining whether to dispense a
- particular prescription
- Supervise and or Compound IV’s as needed
- Transfer prescriptions to other pharmacies as needed
- Answer questions from patients, doctors, nurses, etc.
- Notify customer/facility if product is out of stock and when the order can be filled
- Restock station supplies as needed
- Supervise pharmacy technicians as required and to maximize workflow efficiency.
- Work closely with customer/facility if product is out of stock or unavailable and communicate when / if
- the order can be filled
- Rarely travel to facilities to perform duties
- Work with Billing Department to resolve drug therapy substitution issues
- Manage company-billable expenses, as defined by management, when necessary and report in a timely manner
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
EDUCATION AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS
- BS degree in pharmacy; PharmD
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Work Ethic/Integrity – must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
- Leadership – ability to lead project teams to deadlines, while maintaining strong team orientation
- Relational – ability to build relationships with business unit management and become “trusted advisor”
- Strategy and Planning – ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
- Problem Solving – ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Team Oriented – ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
Flexibile Schedule Required:
8 hour shift
Hours of operation are subject to change based on the needs of the pharmacy