East Tennessee Pharmacy Services is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Ensure all prescriptions are delivered to customers in the most efficient, accurate, and timely manner. Manage headcount/vendor relationships to ensure ensure adequate staffing/resources are available to meet business needs. Ensure all vehicles receive effective maintenance in accordance with industry standards.
- Work Ethic/Integrity – must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
- Leadership – ability to lead project teams to deadlines, while maintaining strong team orientation
- Relational – ability to build relationships with business unit management and become “trusted advisor”
- Strategy and Planning – ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
- Problem Solving – ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Team Oriented – ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
- Hire, manage and schedule Delivery staff to ensure adequate coverage for workflow within budget
- Evaluate workflow processes and implement changes as necessary to meet deadlines and efficiency targets, ensuring OT is at lowest possible levels
- Manages, maintains, and trains delivery department to perform tasks related to on-site equipment provided by pharmacy to clients, including but not limited to medication carts, emergency medication kits, and fax machines.
- Ensure all delivery-related documentation is maintained appropriately so records are accessible immediately
- Work collaboratively with other supervisors/functional areas to keep work flowing smoothly and efficiently
- Ensure each Courier is fully trained on routing system, work rules and quota expectations within 30 days of hire
- Develop training manuals and programs for department and update as needed
- Assign work volume appropriate to each Couriers duties and measure both productivity and accuracy for each Courier
- Maintain actual salary costs for Delivery function within annual salary budget
- Work directly with pharmacy operations as the communication contact to the delivery team.
- Maintain all vehicles and record mileage for each vehicle on a monthly basis.
- Med cart and fax machine maintenance as needed
- Act as a delivery driver as needed
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
Education: High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Valid Tennessee driver’s license and good driving record
- 2+ years of related experience (advanced degree may substitute for experience)
- Advanced computer skills; pharmacy operations system experience preferred/required
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
- Management experience preferred
- Ability to train new drivers and have a thorough understanding of pharmacy and delivery functions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience in supervising non-exempt employees
- Ability to manage subordinate’s performance and schedules to achieve objectives of department
- Ability to analyze workflow and staffing needs and implement improvements
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Requires travel by ground
Ability to work flexible hours; hours of operation are subject to change based on the needs of the pharmacy
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan.