Southern Pharmacy Services is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
As a key member of the local management team, assist in the achievement of the budget through sales to new clients, increasing sales to existing clients. Working with Director, Pharmacy Operations, evaluate potential profitability of any new business prior to proposal. Responsible for building a positive working relationship with all clients by resolving issues/problems, advising clients on regulatory issues, and training client staff as needed.
Hunter | Self-Motivated | Performance Driven
Outgoing | Personable | Energetic
Multi-Tasker | Dependable | Strong Work Ethic
Strong Executive Presence | Team Player | Building Relationships
Strong Communication Skills | Verbal & Written
- Nurture and develop existing relationships and new business as the preferred provider of pharmacy services to nursing home communities assisted living facilities and other long-term care facilities.
- Market local business as a preferred provider to facility residents and families at monthly family nights
- Ensure sales agreements with new clients meet profitability targets for the business unit
- Maintain client contracts and relationships through “expert” advisor status, problem-solving
- Act as liaison with operations to maintain high service level to the client, following all service-related issues through to resolution
- Provide consulting services to client facilities to assist in compliance
- Provide in-service training to client staff as needed by client group
- Actively participate in local association meetings related to assisted living/long-term care facilities
- Design collateral for targeting client group
- Membership and participation visibility with national level industry associations
- Managing contracts and ensuring that pharmacy solutions are effectively positioned to result in increased revenue.
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred (RN and LPN) and 3+ years’ new sales or account manager experience in long term care (LTC), assisted living, skilled nursing, or geriatric facility, pharmaceutical/pharmacy preferred but not required.
- Advanced computer skills; pharmacy operations system experience preferred/required
- Proven track record of sales success.
- Positive existing relations with LTC DON’s or LTC Administrators will be favored.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to build strategic customer relationships
- Must have the ability to differentiate yourself in the marketplace.
- Excellent organizational/communication skills, self-starter, and ambition to succeed essentially.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Update Salesforce.com on a daily basis.
- Ensure accuracy of weekly activity reports
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work to objectives/targets with little supervision
- Strong selling skills required
- Ability to quickly customize sales approach based on potential client’s response
- Professional selling skills focused on value-added selling
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
Requires up to 75% travel, by air and ground; Virginia driver’s license required
Ability to work flexible hours; hours of operation are subject to change based on the needs of the pharmacy
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan.