Guardian Pharmacy of Jacksonville is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Assists in the billing and claims processes as assigned.
- Work Ethic/Integrity – must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
- Strategy and Planning – ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
- Problem Solving – ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Team Oriented – ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
- Patient and Customer focused
- Self-motivated, Energetic, Performance Driven
- Reliable & Dependable
- Positive Attitude
- Reprocess rejected claims to 3rd party providers by identifying why the claim was rejected and making any necessary corrections
- Make outgoing calls to insurers, responsible parties and others to follow up on rejected claims and to gather accurate insurance information
- Answer incoming calls related to billing issues. Resolve issue or forward to appropriate department/person as needed
- Process patient New Admit Report daily; assist with patient locator codes.
- Apply cash, credit card, and check payments to private pay and facility accounts
- Make Welcome Calls to new admissions, obtain contact and billing information
- Research and resolve billing issues that have resulted in late payments
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding account status in a timely manner
- Determine if credits need to be issued
- Assist in the regular monthly billing process
- Work collaboratively and strategically with co-workers to ensure all deadlines for the department are met in an efficient and effective manner
- Provide quality customer service to internal and external customers
- Drive process improvements
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Florida pharmacy technician license or national certification preferred, but not required
- 2+ years of related experience (advanced degree may substitute for experience)
- Working knowledge of 3rd party insurance carriers, Medicare, and Medicaid preferred
- Advanced computer skills; Framework pharmacy operation system experience preferred/required
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
Flexible Schedule Required:
8 hour shift
Hours of operation are subject to change based on the needs of the pharmacy
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan.