Guardian Pharmacy of Dallas Fort-Worth is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Evaluates/triages incoming fax prescriptions to ensure timely and accurate entry into pharmacy operations system. Routes incoming calls to appropriate department/individual. Receives, processes, and follows-up on refill requests. Keys all orders accurately and in a timely manner without error.
- Work Ethic/Integrity – must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
- Strategy and Planning – ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
- Problem Solving – ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Team Oriented – ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
- Triage all documents to the appropriate queues
- Courteously respond to calls from customers, routing them as appropriate to ensure top level service
- Work with other members of the data entry department to ensure smooth workflow within the pharmacy
- Receive orders, evaluate, process, and follow-up as needed with facilities and/or doctor’s offices
- Accurately enter prescriptions into operating system to eliminate errors at dispensing, during MAR printing, and cycle filling (new orders, admissions, refills, CII, Clozaril)
- Notify facility and customer service if product is out of stock and when delivery can be expected
- Ensure all prescriptions within the day have been completed and/or addressed.
- Key refills accurately following cut off times
- Call facility and/or doctor’s office for all needed clarifications
- Call in backup prescriptions and insure all orders that were called into backup have been charged correctly to patient’s account
- Determine what kind facility (cycle, EMAR, etc.) and how to process order before keying and sending to verify.
- Provide documentation on all conversations with facilities in regard to what it was about and who they spoke with Go through delivery sheets that have discrepancies and problem solve.
- Assist with filling of completed orders, packaging of medications, profiling of orders for medical records, and filling processed prescriptions to dispense to the patient
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Registered pharmacy technician license in Texas or national certification
- Advanced computer skills; pharmacy operations system experience preferred/required
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
Flexibile Schedule Required:
8 hour shift
Hours of operation are subject to change based on the needs of the pharmacy
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan.