Purchasing/Inventory Planner/Procurement/Supply Chain Analyst
San Diego, CA
Ron’s Pharmacy is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Maintain all aspects of inventory management to assist in the achievement of budgeted margin targets. Perform as a member of the management team for achievement of annual business plan targets.
- Work Ethic/Integrity – must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
- Leadership – ability to lead project teams to deadlines, while maintaining strong team orientation. Lead by example in all areas of role and supporting the non-negotiable attributes; attitude, dependability, commitment, productivity, efficiency and upholding policies and procedures
- Relational – ability to build relationships with business unit management and become “trusted advisor”
- Strategy and Planning – ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
- Problem Solving – ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level with minimal direction with great attention to detail and accuracy. Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
- Team Oriented - ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Manage margin targets and inventory turns through report and data analysis.
- Examine reimbursement rates and implement changes to purchase products to maximize profitability.
- Provide reporting about pharmacy and automated drug files to ensure the formulary is ‘clean’ (current NDCs are in use, inactive NDCs are minimized, reduce duplicate products on shelf); as needed, assist with file cleanup/design/direction for inventory technician.
- Manage brand purchases in advance of price increases to maximize margin.
- Manage generic purchases in advance of generic events to minimize inventory impact.
- Monitor purchasing level of MHA contracted drugs and make adjustments when appropriate to maximize rebates.
- Negotiate with generic vendors to maximize pricing, which includes buy ins. Work with wholesalers and generic distributors to ensure the consistent availability of lowest cost generic drugs.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of Surecost purchasing system including PVA targets, generic compliance, reporting and data/rebate analysis, and perpetual inventory.
- Oversee the update of price files.
- Managing accurate physical inventories as needed.
- Responsible to develop processes and reporting for perpetual inventory module. This will also include quarterly updates to review turns, cycle count accuracy, purchase versus dispense reporting, and par level updates.
- Develop and manage processes to establish and monitor electronic inventory par levels for all shelf inventory and recalculating quarterly.
- Have a thorough understanding of, and manage reverse distribution vendor for out of date product returns.
- Maintain all policies and procedures for functional area.
- Assist Director of Finance & Administration in margin research and maximization.
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
Education: Bachelor's Degree, (Prior years of experience may be substituted for education)
- Active California pharmacy technician license or willing to obtain
- Experience as a data analyst, financial analyst, clinical analyst, business analyst, supply chain analyst, purchasing analyst, inventory analyst, procurement analyst, and/or inventory planner
- Experience in supply chain discipline, including sourcing, purchasing, inventory control, quality management, logistics, distribution and planning is a plus
- Experience leveraging business acumen, data and system understanding, and effective communication skills, to successfully deliver data
- Computer/Technology Skills - Advanced computer skills; conceptual knowledge of operating systems and how it relates to business. Expert Excel skills required (for example: pivot tables, merging and centering cells, v-lookup, etc.).
- Management Skills - Prior management of staff required to include performance management and mentoring
- Interpersonal Skills - Ability to interact with all levels of management and external stakeholders
- Financial Analysis – Ability to provide insight/lead discussions on advanced financial concepts
- Negotiation Skills – Adept at developing negotiation strategies, outlining parameters and achieving objectives
- Inventory Management – Previously directed initiatives of managing inventory par levels, turns and cost saving initiatives
- Process Improvement – Previously directed initiatives of streamlining and documenting workflow processes
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
Flexible Schedule Required: Full-Time
8 hour shift
Hours of operation are subject to change based on the needs of the pharmacy
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan