Guardian Pharmacy of Orlando is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
To provide quality pharmaceutical services to long-term-care and institutionalized residents, under the direction and supervision of the Director, Pharmacy Operations. Participates in and oversees workflow for the dispensing of medication in accordance with all state and federal regulations in addition to company policy. Ensures that medications provided to residents are safe, accurate, and available in a timely manner.
- Work Ethic/Integrity – must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
- Leadership – ability to lead project teams to deadlines, while maintaining strong team orientation
- Relational – ability to build relationships with business unit management and become “trusted advisor”
- Strategy and Planning – ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
- Problem Solving – ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Team Oriented – ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
- Evaluate medication orders for appropriateness of drug, dosage, route of administration, potential drug interactions, special geriatric considerations, warnings/precautions associated with prescribed medication, potential adverse reactions, and stability
- Suggest therapeutic intervention based on formulary to physician and/or to nursing staff where appropriate
- Collaborates with doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals to provide quality pharmacy services
- Procures and maintains all required documentation in accordance with state and federal regulations, as well as company policy
- Ensures accuracy of filled medications
- Provides clinical expertise by responding professionally to medication related questions
- Assists the Director, Pharmacy Operations with instructing, directing, and overseeing pharmacy technicians and staff
- Follows current guidelines for preparing all compounds, including I.V. therapy
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
Education: Bachelor’s (Pharmacy) or PharmD.
- Florida Pharmacist license
- 1+ years of pharmacist experience (advanced degree may substitute for experience), ideally in retail, hospital, mail order, and/or long term care.
- Advanced computer skills; pharmacy operations system experience preferred/required
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
Work Environment: Full-Time
8 hour shift
Rotating Schedule to include some days, nights, and weekends
Ability to work flexible hours; hours of operation are subject to change based on the needs of the pharmacy
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan