Southern Pharmacy Services is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Ensuring all prescriptions are filled in correct packaging according to home preference, without error, and in a timely manner.
Additional Attributes Our Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
Detail Oriented | Hardworking | Sense of Urgency
Strong Interpersonal Skills | Team Player
Accurate | Organized | Multi-tasker
Strong Communication Skills | Punctual
Positive Attitude | Customer Focused
- Pull labels from printer and correctly package medications according to dispensing system
- Correctly pull medications to be filled
- Accurately fill, label, and initial cards for both cycle fill and daily orders
- Accurately fill and label Opus cassettes for both cycle fill and daily orders
- Use appropriate auxiliary labels when needed
- Keep work stations clean, with medications put away after every shift
- Check inventory status for assigned shelves, and order appropriately according to par levels and/or supervisor instruction
- Work with inventory manager to keep inventory at appropriate levels, including: removing expired or unused meds, marking used bottles, occasionally arriving early or staying late to conduct inventory, and keeping inventory neat, in-order, and alphabetically arranged
- Unpack daily medication orders from wholesalers, sort, label, and put in appropriate baskets for all packers
- Provide assistance to other packing line technicians when appropriate, according to Supervisor
- Compound IVs and Extemporaneous Compounds
- Scan orders to totes
- Prefill Control Scanners
- Print MARs, sheets and reports as specified or needed
- Maintain stat boxes
- Maintain daily and cycle orders using dosing machines
- Process returns from facilities and determine if returned medications can or cannot be credited based on the Southern Pharmacy Credit and Return Policy
- Repack VA and personal meds
- Perform other duties or responsibilities as assigned
Registered Pharmacy Technician in Virginia, national certification preferred
1+ years of pharmacy experience, preferably in high volume environment such as long term care pharmacy, retail, mail order, or hospital.
Good computer skills, including pharmacy operations system (QS1/Docutracks experience preferred)
Must work accurately and efficiently fill prescriptions in multiple dispensing modalities and ability to be 100% productive
Ability to problem solve, make decisions in fast-paced environment, and work to deadlines
Work quickly and efficiently to achieve all the daily tasks while supporting the culture, and at sometimes go above and beyond to support the team.
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D required
Flexible rotating schedule required
8 hr. schedule Monday-Friday with rotating Saturdays
Shifts start no earlier than 8am and end no later than 6pm
Ability to work assigned shift punctual and on-time.
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan