Southern Pharmacy Services is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Under the direction of a pharmacist, this position is responsible for overseeing operation of the DOSIS machines and facilitating workflow by maintaining the machine and drug stock to make sure it is operating at optimal capacity. Note this position is dedicated to keeping the DOSIS machine running and is not authorized to pack any prescriptions unless there is a pharmacist in the building.
- Work Ethic/Integrity – must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
- Strategy and Planning – ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
- Problem Solving – ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Team Oriented – ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
- Unpack daily medication orders from wholesalers, sort, label, and put in appropriate baskets for all fulfillment areas
- Pull labels from printer and sort them correctly by packing section
- Use appropriate auxiliary labels when needed
- Provide assistance to other packing line technicians when appropriate, according to Fulfillment Supervisor
- Maintaining DOSIS area and keeping neat and free of debris/clutter
- Organizing and maintaining supplies for machines (lids, blisters, labels) including communicating need for replenishment to supervision and maintaining minimum inventory
- Replenishing machine supplies according to need, following proper procedure for replenishing supplies; also responsible for making sure the machine is fully stocked with supplies before leaving at the end of the shift
- Following routine cleaning maintenance of canisters and DOSIS equipment
- Monitoring machine performance and queued orders and swapping out “SHELF” drugs as dictated by workflow
- Performing reasonable and responsible actions to correct hard stops, remove canisters from attention, and otherwise keep each machine performing at maximum efficiency during working hours.
- Communicate with DOSIS staff to report and resolve machine issues that are unable to be resolved as listed above; escalate to supervisor as needed
- Reprinting labels, and dispensing prepack through the machines, as requested by pharmacists or supervisory staff
- Communicating with Fulfillment, Inventory, and Batch Supervisors to maintain workflow, achieve deadlines, work within budget, and resolve machine errors as efficiently as possible
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- National Certification required (PTCB)
- 1+ years of related pharmacy experience, in a high-volume and/or long term care pharmacy
- Advanced computer skills; pharmacy operations system experience preferred/required
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
Flexibile Schedule Required:
8 hour shift
Hours of operation are subject to change based on the needs of the pharmacy
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan.