Atlanta, GA – Atlantic Station
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR: People who want to grow with our organization and be a part of a team. The person in this role will be responsible for providing legal guidance and business advice across the broad range of topics facing the company, including the areas of healthcare compliance, corporate governance, contracts, business insurance and risk management, real estate, and litigation.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL: Although you will report to the Vice President, General Counsel & Senior Compliance Officer, you will interact and provide legal counsel and practical advice directly to Guardian’s corporate-level executive team and local pharmacy management in multiple locations, spread across the country.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (include the following):
General Legal and Compliance:
- Provide legal counsel over key substantive areas affecting the company, including HIPAA, FWA, and healthcare compliance. Knowledge of Board of Pharmacy rules and regulations is a plus.
- Draft and negotiate business agreements, including vendor and supplier agreements, pharmacy services or other customer agreements, business associate agreements.
- Assist with compliance initiates, including drafting and monitoring compliance with internal policies and procedures.
Litigation and Investigations:
- Manage outside counsel on litigation matters affecting the Company. Coordinate internal investigation, document collection and retention, and insurance coverage.
- Oversee other legal and regulatory requests, including responses to subpoenas and other requests for information.
- Oversee various internal investigations and legal/compliance concerns raised through our Help Line.
Corporate Governance and Business Development:
- Manage conflict of interest policy and review process.
- Assist with the negotiation of complex acquisitions, sales, and funding of such acquisitions and sales. As a member of the due diligence team, identify risks and propose solutions to mitigate risks involved in potential corporate transactions.
Business Insurance and Risk Management:
- Work with insurance broker and carriers to ensure comprehensive and cost-effective policy renewals while fostering strong vendor relationships.
- Coordinate with insurance broker and carriers to manage insurance claims across all coverage lines.
Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
- Juris Doctorate
- License to practice law in Georgia
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in-house or as outside counsel, advising corporations in HIPAA, FWA, and other statutory and regulatory matters affecting healthcare providers.
- Preference will be given to those that also have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- general litigation and investigatory issues
- compliance matters, including HIPAA
- corporate governance and transactional experience
- insurance coverage and management of insurance portfolios
- Experience working directly for, or advising as outside counsel, pharmacies, pharmaceutical manufactures or suppliers, other healthcare providers is also highly desirable.
- Work Ethic/Integrity – must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
- Leadership – Proven leadership skills, along with excellent communication and management skills required.
- Relational – ability to build relationships with business unit management and become “trusted advisor”
- Strategy and Planning – ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
- Problem Solving – ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Team Oriented – ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan.