Guardian Pharmacy of Jacksonville is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Evaluates/triages incoming fax prescriptions to ensure timely and accurate entry into pharmacy operations systems. Routes incoming calls to appropriate department/individual. Receives, processes, and follows-up on all prescription requests.
- Work Ethic/Integrity – must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
- Strategy and Planning – ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
- Problem Solving – ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Team Oriented – ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
- Triage incoming fax prescriptions to ensure timely dispensing
- Work daily with Electronic MAR systems
- Determine whether resident is a cycle, non-cycle, multi-dose, or bingo card patient and correctly process prescription accordingly
- Accurately enter prescriptions and process refills in a timely manner to ensure orders are completed for on-time delivery
- Responsible to ensure run completion status (dashboard) is completed throughout the day
- Courteously respond to telephone calls from customers, routing them, if needed, to the appropriate department
- Work collaboratively with other team members to ensure smooth workflow in all departments
- Follow-up and ensure all prescriptions are completed daily as promised
- Contact doctors’ offices and/or facilities as needed for refill requests, clarification of orders, etc. in order to process prescriptions
- Adjudicate all prescriptions prior to sending to daily fill counter for packaging
- Complete Medication Administration Records and Physician Order corrections
- Ensure all medical records are accurate, printed and delivered timely
- Enter “profile” prescriptions for new facilities and fax physicians’ orders to doctors to obtain refills for new patients
- Lead by example in all areas of role and supporting the non-negotiable attributes; attitude, dependability, commitment, productivity, efficiency and upholding policies and procedures.
- Assist with problem resolution or other tasks as directed
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Florida pharmacy technician license or national certification
- 2+ years of related experience (advanced degree may substitute for experience)
- Advanced computer skills; pharmacy operations system experience preferred/required
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
Flexible Schedule Required:
8 hour shift
Hours of operation are subject to change based on the needs of the pharmacy
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan.