Long Term Care Staff Pharmacist
Mallatt’s Pharmacy is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Accurately reviews and interprets medication orders; prepares accurate and complete patient profiles; reviews profiles for correct drug, dosage, and route of administration; ensures that no drug duplication or drug to drug interaction exists; ensures that patient is not allergic to any medication prescribed. Efficiently performs other professional pharmacy duties including the safe procurement, preparation, labeling, distribution, and control of all drugs.
- Work Ethic/Integrity– must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
- Leadership- ability to lead project teams to deadlines, while maintaining strong team orientation
- Relational- ability to build relationships with business unit management and become "trusted advisor"
- Strategy and Planning– ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
- Problem Solving– ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Team Oriented– ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
- Reviews prescription orders issued by physicians and other authorized prescribers.
- Performs medication profile reviews.
- Examines prepared orders for accuracy.
- Provides clinical drug information to meet the needs of the patient, physician, or other healthcare professionals.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations pertaining to the dispensing of drugs and controlled drugs and the maintenance of required records.
- Coordinates the activities of assigned pharmacy technicians engaged in the preparation, labeling, and delivery of medications and other pharmaceutical supplies.
- Provide quality on-call pharmacist services during closed hours of pharmacy.
- Maintains established procedures concerning medication packaging standards, quality assurance, and security of controlled substances.
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (Pharmacy) or PharmD.
- Wisconsin Pharmacist License
- 1+ years of pharmacist experience required, long term care pharmacy experience preferred
- Advanced computer skills; pharmacy operations system experience preferred/required (RNA/Helix, Framework, and Docutrack experience preferred)
- Strong clinical knowledge
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and work with DOO when something appears inaccurate
Work Environment: Must occasionally lift up to 40 pounds
Monday-Friday 8am- 7pm
Rotating Saturdays, holidays, and on-call
Ability to work flexible hours; hours of operation are subject to change based on the needs of the pharmacy
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan.