Guardian Pharmacy of Atlanta is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Assist in achievement of business plan through retention of existing clients, increasing sales to existing clients (pharmacy adoption rate), and building strong customer relationships by providing clinical assistance, regulatory support and client staff education as needed. Function as liaison between pharmacy operations and customers, working with operations team to ensure superior delivery of pharmaceutical products and services. As clinical expert, develop and implement clinical and C.E. programs to supplement marketing efforts and assist in implementation of clinically-focused programs to support marketing. Conduct RN consults and audits as needed.
- Work Ethic/Integrity – must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
- Leadership – ability to lead project teams to deadlines, while maintaining strong team orientation
- Relational – ability to build relationships with business unit management and become “trusted advisor”
- Strategy and Planning – ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
- Problem Solving – ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Team Oriented – ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
- Instruct on pharmacy material for C.M.A. / Proxy Care Giver training course according to state regulations
- Community on site visit for skills check and testing to complete C.M.A. / Proxy Care Giver certification
- Act as liaison with operations to identify opportunities for improvement and maintain effective documentation for each individual account to ensure appropriate and timely resolution; assist in resolution process.
- Conduct compliance surveys at facilities; assist in coordinating action plans to minimize liability and risks as a result of compliance surveys.
- Maintain compliance and expertise regarding current health care and pharmacy industry standards of practice regulations, changes and clinical skills as needed to support customer needs.
- Monitor Quality Improvement Process, Standards of Practice, Pharmacy Policy and Procedures (internal & external), etc., and report them to President.
- Provide in-service training and orientation to facility staff regarding implementation process, survey process, medication administration, medication charting, risk management, performance improvement, etc.
- During periodic site visits monitor the overall service level provided by the Pharmacy and report any service issues to Director of Pharmacy Operations.
- Work closely with Director of Pharmacy Operations to continually evaluate and improve work processes to meet client needs and improve efficiency.
- Support and follow up with facilities in identifying trends and assists in the development of corrective action plans and troubleshooting resolutions.
- As needed, ensure initial servicing of new customer patients/residents is smooth and error free by acting as the liaison/quality assurance point person upon startup of service.
- Monitor the compliance of the facility with Federal and State guidelines and note any irregularities.
- Serve as an information source regarding medication and Federal and State pharmacy regulations to facilities
- Educate nurses about problem areas within the facility and also in areas of staff interest
- Attend necessary meetings of the facility, pharmacy, infection control, quality assurance, and interdisciplinary team conferences
- Produce written reports on findings and recommendations for each monthly or quarterly visits to facilities and provide reports to the Administrator, DON, and where appropriate the medical director/physician.
- Reconcile controlled drugs and audits patient charts
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Registered nursing license in Georgia
- 5+ years of related experience (advanced degree may substitute for experience)
- Advanced computer skills; pharmacy operations system experience preferred/required
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
Requires up to 100% travel, by ground
Ability to work flexible hours
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan.