Southern Pharmacy Services is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Responsible for making sure all prescriptions are billed properly, accurately, timely, and cost effectively to ensure payment and avoid accounts receivable issues.
- Work Ethic/Integrity – must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
- Leadership – ability to lead project teams to deadlines, while maintaining strong team orientation
- Relational – ability to build relationships with business unit management and become “trusted advisor”
- Strategy and Planning – ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
- Problem Solving – ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Team Oriented – ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
- Answer incoming calls related to billing issues. Resolve issue or forward to appropriate authority as needed.
- Work collaboratively with co-workers to ensure all deadlines for department are met in an efficient manner.
- Work collaboratively with business managers and social workers at customer long term care facilities to get accurate and timely patient insurance and census information.
- Make outgoing calls to insurers, responsible parties and others to follow up on rejected claims and to garner accurate insurance information.
- Assist in the month end customer statement production process.
- Process daily new patient admits and monthly patient census information in the company’s pharmacy management system.
- Manage and properly file both electronic and paper records related to insurance and customer contracts using company’s electronic document management system.
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
Education: High School Diploma or GED; Associates degree preferred
- Pharmacy Technician license and/or Medical Billing certification preferred
- 2+ years of billing related experience, preferably in a pharmacy related business or medical practice
- Advanced computer skills required; pharmacy operations system experience preferred
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
Flexible Schedule Required:
8 hour shift
Hours of operation are subject to change based on the needs of the pharmacy
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan