Guardian Mid-South Pharmacy is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Responsible for ensuring all prescriptions are filled in correct packaging according to facility preference, without error, and in a timely manner. Also responsible for auditing carts for maintenance and accuracy for State Board compliance.
- Work Ethic/Integrity – must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
- Strategy and Planning – ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
- Problem Solving – ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Team Oriented – ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
- Pulling labels from printer and sorting into runs
- Correctly pulling medication to be filled
- Scanning labels and correct medication into QS1 operating system
- Accurately filling and labeling cassettes
- Checking final census, correctly toting, and preparing medications for final delivery
- Daily stocking of inventory as directed
- Assist with prepackaging of medication
- Audit carts for compliance
- Perform maintenance on any faulty carts within the facility
- Communicate with the facilities and pharmacy on findings from audit
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
Education: High School Diploma required
- Long term care experience 2+ yrs. (preferred but not required)
- National Certification (preferred but not required)
- Current and active pharmacy technician registration in State of Tennessee
- Strong math skills
- Good computer skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to problem solve, make decisions in fast-paced environment, and work to deadlines
- Ability to work assigned shift with no tardiness
- QS/1 experience preferred
- Ability to establish rapport with customers and communicate effectively
PHYSICAL AND/OR MACHINERY:
- Requires standing and moving for extended periods during 8 hour shift.
- Ability to use hands with dexterity to quickly fill
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally
Flexible Schedule Required: 8 hour shift to include some nights and weekends
Hours of operation are subject to change based on the needs of the pharmacy
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan.