Guardian Pharmacy of Southeast Florida is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Analyze customer accounts and collect past balances. Assist with billing as assigned.
- Work Ethic/Integrity – must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
- Strategy and Planning – ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
- Problem Solving – ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Team Oriented – ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
- Make collection calls for outstanding invoices. Produce collection letters for review by Supervisor, Billing.
- Assist outside collection company and attorney with data needed to collect past due balances.
- Communicate and establish good relationship with facilities to obtain information as needed to assist with billing, patient set-up, & collections.
- Make outgoing calls to insurers, responsible parties and others to garner accurate insurance information.
- Manage and properly file both electronic and paper records related to collections, insurance and customer contracts using company’s electronic document management system.
- Assist Supervisor, Billing with credit card payments, statement inquiries, audits, and collections
- Prepare, review, and mail customer statements.
- Follows up on and reports the status of delinquent accounts.
- Work collaboratively with co-workers to ensure all deadlines for department are met in an efficient manner.
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- 1+ years of related experience (advanced degree may substitute for experience) in billing and/or collection function, preferably in pharmacy-related business
- Advanced computer skills; pharmacy operations system experience preferred/required
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
Flexible Schedule Required:
8 hour shift
Hours of operation are subject to change based on the needs of the pharmacy
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan