Deerfield Beach, FL
Guardian Pharmacy of Southeast Florida is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Responsible for making sure that all prescriptions are filled correctly without errors and in a timely manner.
- Work Ethic/Integrity – must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
- Strategy and Planning – ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
- Problem Solving – ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Team Oriented – ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
- Fills correct medication, using QS1 whenever possible to match labels and NDC’s
- Complete production quota assigned in a timely manner
- Correctly routes the completed cards, tray meds or strips for pharmacist review
- Pulls labels from printers and sorts into correct bins for upcoming runs
- Accurately fills labels and initials cards
- Prepares sterile and non-sterile compounds
- Maintain correct inventory level for assigned work station to prevent drug outs
- Works in the control room and correctly following is processes
- Helps on the lidding of DOSIS machine to ensure smooth production flow
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
Education: High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Florida Pharmacy Technician license and/or National Certification
- 1+ years of related experience (advanced degree may substitute for experience)
- Advanced computer skills; pharmacy operations system experience preferred/required
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others inside and outside the pharmacy, including the ability to express oneself and exchange information in what, at times, could be a stressful or high-pressure environment.
- The employee frequently is required to move about the office/pharmacy to access files, use office equipment, and to interact with others. The person must be able to sit or remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time to be able to work, communicate on the phone, utilize the computer, and interact with others. The employee is occasionally required to stand or otherwise be able to access files, equipment, and other items in high places.
- Employee must be able to constantly operate computers, phones, and other office equipment.
- Employee must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Flexible Schedule Required: Full-Time
8 hour shift
Hours of operation are subject to change based on the needs of the pharmacy
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan.