East Tennessee Pharmacy Services is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Work as a liaison between operations and clients regarding medication recordkeeping and any related issues. Maintain all medication-related records for all facilities. Forward any service issues to Marketing for attention.
- Work Ethic/Integrity – must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
- Relational – ability to build relationships with business unit management and become “trusted advisor”
- Strategy and Planning – ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
- Problem Solving – ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Team Oriented – ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
- Establish and maintain facility profiles as needed, and create new admit profiles as needed in QS1 system. Communicate with facilities as needed to obtain adequate information for resident/facility profiles.
- Develop and maintain contact relationships with facility staff and ensure service problems are routed to marketing and operations for timely resolution.
- Create and implement custom Standing Orders or Medication Administration Records (MAR’s) print options as requested. Implement custom options within QS1 as requested.
- Understand eMar procedures and able to navigate each eMar platform, in order to trouble shoot and resolve problems with customers.
- Work with prescribers and facility staff to maintain continuous, active prescriptions for residents.
- Update monthly Medication Administration Records and Physician Orders (PO’s) for facilities.
- Communicate with facilities regarding problems with prescription drug interactions and resident profiles via telephone/fax. Maintain notes on resident profiles regarding problem resolution. Communicate prescription questions/issues with physicians/medical office staff as needed.
- Establish and maintain delivery schedule for monthly records with facilities and courier function. Print monthly records and route to courier function as needed for timely delivery.
- Generate custom reports for facilities as requested. Maintain schedule for custom monthly reports, ensuring reports are provided in a timely and accurate manner. Coordinate with data entry function to ensure drug profiles are active.
- Perform monthly review of facility profiles and update as needed.
- Perform daily IV preparation and all room/isolator cleaning duties.
- Maintain appropriate level of supplies inventory by reporting ordering needs to the Inventory Department
- Assist Pharmacists with prescriptions, problem resolution or any other task as directed
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician license
- 1+ years of related experience (advanced degree may substitute for experience)
- Advanced computer skills; pharmacy operations system experience preferred/required
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
- Working knowledge of Tennessee state Assisted Living regulations and facility requirements
- Experience working with medication administration records
Flexible Schedule Required:
8 hour shift
Hours of operation are subject to change based on the needs of the pharmacy
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan.