Pharmacy Technician - Data/Order Entry
Boomer Solutions is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Evaluates/triages incoming fax prescriptions to ensure timely and accurate entry into pharmacy operations system. Routes incoming calls to appropriate department/individual. Receives, processes and follows-up on refill requests.
- Work Ethic/Integrity – must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
- Strategy and Planning – ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
- Problem Solving – ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Team Oriented – ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
- Triage incoming fax prescriptions to ensure timely dispensing
- Ensure proper notes in computer and cycle fill coding.
- Accurately enter prescriptions into operating system to eliminate errors at dispensing
- Courteously respond to calls from customers, routing them as appropriate to ensure top level service
- Work collaboratively with other team members to ensure smooth workflow in data entry department
- Ensure all prescriptions assigned for processing are completed in regular shift
- Receive, evaluate, process and follow-up as needed with doctors’ offices on all refills assigned
- Notify facility and lead customer-service tech if product is out of stock and when delivery will be made
- Notify customer service lead tech when any medication cannot or will not be delivered as expected
- Assist with filing of completed orders, packaging of medications, profiling of orders for medical records, and filling processed prescriptions to dispense to the patient
- Print MARS for next delivery and print monthly MARS
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
Education: High School Diploma or GED required
- 1+ years’ experience working as Licensed Pharmacy Technician (advanced degree may substitute for experience)
- Advanced computer skills; pharmacy operations system experience preferred/required
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal pleasantly with customers
Ability to work flexible hours; hours of operation are subject to change based on the needs of the pharmacy
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan