Guardian Pharmacy of Daytona is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Under the direction of the Director, Pharmacy Operations, ensure all stat, PRN, and CII prescriptions are filled according to order and regulations, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Work Ethic/Integrity – must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
- Leadership - ability to lead project teams to deadlines, while maintaining strong team orientation
- Relational – ability to build relationships with business unit management and become “trusted advisor”
- Strategy and Planning – ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
- Problem Solving – ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Team Oriented – ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
- Accurately prepare medications for final dispensing to the patient, including filling, order entry, and packaging
- Review filled blister cards to ensure prescription was filled correctly
- Verify the legality and pharmaceutical feasibility of dispensing a drug based on patients’ allergies, incompatibilities with current medications, frequency of refills, etc.
- Interpret prescription orders, to include exercising professional judgment in determining whether to dispense a particular prescription
- Compound IV’s
- Transfer prescriptions to other pharmacies as needed
- Answer questions from patients, doctors, nurses, etc.
- Evaluate inventory levels and place orders when below par
- On exception items, look up most cost-effective product to order
- Notify customer/facility if product is out of stock and when the order can be filled
- Restock station supplies as needed – vials, cassettes, labels, delivery tickets, etc.
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D. Bachelors in Pharmacy or PharmD.
- Florida Pharmacist license
- 1+ years of related experience (advanced degree may substitute for experience)
- Advanced computer skills; pharmacy operations system experience preferred/required
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
Flexibile Schedule Required:
8 hour shift
Hours of operation are subject to change based on the needs of the pharmacy
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan.