Entry Level Pharmacy Technician
Guardian Pharmacy of Missouri is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Responsbile for ensuring all prescriptions are filled in correct packaging according to home preference, without error, and in a timely manner.
- Work Ethic/Integrity – must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
- Strategy and Planning – ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
- Problem Solving – ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Team Oriented – ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
- Unpack daily medication orders from wholesalers, sort, label, and put in appropriate baskets for all packers
- Pull labels from printer, and sort them correctly by packing section
- Correctly pull medications to be filled
- Accurately fill and label cards
- Use appropriate auxiliary labels when needed
- Keep work stations clean, with medications put away after every shift
- Check inventory status for assigned shelves, and order appropriately according to par levels and/or supervisor instruction
- Work with inventory manager to keep inventory at appropriate levels, including: removing expired or unused meds, marking used bottles, occasionally staying late to conduct inventory, and keeping inventory neat, in-order, and alphabetically arranged
- Provide assistance to other packing line technicians when appropriate, according to Packing Line Supervisor
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
Education: High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years of related experience (advanced degree may substitute for experience) - Also willing to train!
- Advanced computer skills; pharmacy operations system experience preferred/required
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
Work Environment: Full Time
8 hour shift
Ability to work flexible hours; hours of operation are subject to change based on the needs of the pharmacy
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan.