Guardian Pharmacy of Missouri is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Evaluates/triages incoming fax prescriptions to ensure timely and accurate entry into pharmacy operations system. Routes incoming calls to appropriate department/individual. Receives, processes, and follows-up on all prescription requests.
- Work Ethic/Integrity – must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
- Strategy and Planning – ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
- Problem Solving – ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Team Oriented – ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
- Perform all functions related to the preparation and dispensing of prescriptions and over the counter medications
- Access, input, and retrieve information on the pharmacy computer system, and maintain and process medical records
- Accurately enter prescriptions/orders and process refills in a timely manner to ensure orders are completed on time for delivery
- Communicate professionally with nursing staff regularly to clarify orders
- Evaluate/triage incoming faxed orders and prescriptions to ensure timely and accurate entry in pharmacy operations system
- Courteously answer phone and provide customer service
- Process prescriptions to appropriate third parties for payment
- Resolve rejected claims and unbilled claims
- Work collaboratively with other team members to ensure smooth workflow in order entry department
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Missouri Pharmacy Technician license
- 3+ years of related experience as a pharmacy technician, preferably in LTC/Long Term Care, Hospital, Closed Door, Hospice, Behavioral Health, Retail, Mail-Order, or high-volume pharmacy
- Advanced computer skills; pharmacy operations system experience preferred/required
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
8 hour shift
Ability to work flexible hours; hours of operation are subject to change based on the needs of the pharmacy
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan.