Business Intelligence Developer
Atlanta, GA – Atlantic Station
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR: People who want to grow with our organization and be a part of a team. In this role youi will be a key resource to work across our full BI stack to deliver valuable BI solutions fo rour business partners.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL: You must have the ability to excel in identification of problems from a business prospective and mapping and implementing pragmatic BI solutions. The Business Intelligence Developer mut be able to communicate equally with business owners and IT professionals and must be self-driven to execute the ativities necessary to reach the project objectives with little supervision. An exellent blend of analtyical, technical, and communication skills in a team-based environment are essential for this role.
Work Ethic/Integrity – must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
Leadership – ability to lead project teams to deadlines, while maintaining strong team orientation
Relational – ability to build relationships with business unit management and become “trusted advisor”
Strategy and Planning – ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
Problem Solving – ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
Communication – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in verbal and written form
Team Oriented – ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
- Works with business analysts and end users from cross functional teams to capture reporting requirements, and translating those to technical designs, architecture patterns for enterprise business intelligence implementation.
- Performs extensive data analysis including data profiling and data quality analysis.
- Design ETL logic and load strategies along with reporting functions.
- Development and testing of reporting and ETL solutions across a diverse BI toolset.
- Understand business problems and proactively offer technical solutions, using traditional and emerging concepts and technologies.
- Communicate complex technical concepts in a manner that a business expert can understand.
- Discover, communicate, and offer mitigations for data quality issues.
- Ability and strong desire to work on new tools/technologies
- Communicate technical scope, risks, and overall project status to management.
- Manage individual work load and work effectively on multiple assignments, activities, or projects in a fast pace changing environment.
- Make tradeoffs between speed of delivery and data quality measures. Ability to think through multiple alternatives and select the most relevant solution that solves tactical and strategic business needs.
- Ability and desire to work in a cross functional team environment, understand team goals and generate appropriate, innovative analytical insights to drive winning results and overall process improvement
- Maintains peer relationships across IT areas (infrastructure, operations, etc) to support effective implementations
- Applies standard development practices/procedures and a detailed applications knowledge in area of responsibility to create technical designs driving towards simple, sustainable, and reusable solutions
- Bachelor's Degree (Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Business, Computer Science, or similar)
- Master's Degree or MBA (preferred, not required)
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1+ years of related experience (advanced degree may substitute for experience)
- Intermediate proficiency with SQL (query writing, database creation/management, and basic stored procedures/functions)
- Intermediate proficiency with SQL Server ETL (Extract, Transform, Load)
- Intermediate proficiency with tabular OLAP data models is a plus
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel including pivot tables and Power Query
- Experience with Power BI is a plus
- Experience with a programming language such as C++, Python, Java, or .Net is a plus
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Strong deductive reasoning ability
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills and a customer service attitude
- Comfortable with executive level communication
- Basic understanding of finance/accounting principles a plus
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate.
- Possesses a bias for actions and avoids workplace distractions
May be required to travel
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan