Guardian Pharmacy of the Piedmont is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Evaluates/triages incoming fax prescriptions to ensure timely and accurate entry into pharmacy operations system. Routes incoming calls to appropriate department/individual. Receives, processes, and follows-up on refill requests.
- Work Ethic/Integrity – must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
- Leadership – ability to lead project teams to deadlines, while maintaining strong team orientation
- Relational – ability to build relationships with business unit management and become “trusted advisor”
- Strategy and Planning – ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
- Problem Solving – ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Team Oriented – ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
- Triage incoming fax prescriptions to ensure timely dispensing
- Determine whether resident is a cycle, non-cycle, multi-dose, or blister card patient, and correctly process prescription accordingly
- Accurately enter prescriptions and process refills in a timely manner to ensure orders are completed for on-time delivery including flash, snap, resync, and export batches
- Courteously respond to calls from customers, routing them if needed to the appropriate department
- Work collaboratively with other team members to ensure smooth workflow in all departments
- Follow-up and ensure all prescriptions are completed daily
- Contact doctors’ offices as needed for refill requests, clarification of orders, etc. in order to process prescriptions
- Notify facility and pharmacist if product is out of stock, prescription has no refills, or if prior authorization is required
- Adjudicate all prescriptions prior to sending to daily fill counter for packaging
- Contact responsible party if medication is not covered by patient’s insurance or if prior authorization is required and determine if responsible part will pay for the medication if it is sent
- Enter “profile” prescriptions for new facilities and fax physicians’ orders to obtain refills for new residents
- Assist with the filing for completed orders, packaging of medications, profiling of orders for medical records, and filling processed prescriptions to dispense to the resident
- Print MARS for next day delivery and print monthly MARS
- Assist facilities with EMAR questions
- File patients’ prescriptions daily, whether electronically or manually
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Pharmacy technician license in North Carolina or national certification
- 2+ years of related experience
- Advanced computer skills; pharmacy operations system experience preferred/required
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
Flexibile Schedule Required:
8 hour shift
Hours of operation are subject to change based on the needs of the pharmacy
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan.